D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: 16 New Feats

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability." https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/feats The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert...

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability."

Ec0zu9OU8AA8eVM.jpg

The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert, Shadow Touched, Shield Training, Slasher, Tandem Tactician, and Tracker.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I'm not a fan of feats that commit melee characters to a particular type of weapon. Not given that the game conveys a strong sense of either fixed (e.g. written into adventures) or random magic items.

I'd be better with it with a rule (house rule?) that any time you gain a level you can swap one feat.

Or make it explicit, in the DMG and in official adventures, that DMs should tweak magic treasure to fit the needs/desires of the heroes.

I don't know, it's not like it's a narrow list of weapons. Lots of weapons do each of the weapon damage types. Being able to specialize in what amounts to a type of weapon use.

edit: Honestly I do think that many weapons should allow multiple damage types. Real world rapiers were cut and thrust weapons for most of the time that they were common, relevant, weapons. Longswords were basically always capable of all three damage types. Some one-handed swords had a rounded point, but even in the few cultures where that was thing, it was hardly universal. Many axes have either bludgeoning or piercing points atop or on one side.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I love these inclusions.
They play really nicely with the alternate class features UA too.

You can kinda make your character a warlord "lite" with that feat. Perhaps combine it with the Banneret or the Battle Master techniques that aid other characters and you have a bit of it there.

Choose Banneret, take the Superior Technique fighting style, and this feat. Take Martial Adept feat as your second ASI to get a few more options.

Chose the more Warlordy-options from that UA.

Remove ads

Remove ads