D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: 16 New Feats

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability." https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/feats The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert...

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability."

Ec0zu9OU8AA8eVM.jpg

The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert, Shadow Touched, Shield Training, Slasher, Tandem Tactician, and Tracker.

dave2008

Legend
"Whenever you gain a level, you can replace this feat’s fighting style with another one from the fighter class that you don’t have."

Wonderful, more abilities that prove that not only do my players have the memory of a goldfish, but so do their characters.
Like everything with D&D, use what you like and don't use what you don't. This type of restriction is put in for a very specific reason which is needed (for a particular style of play); however, it doesn't concern the way I play at all so it is incredibly easy to ignore. I bet you can do the same.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
And as somebody who never played the Champion, I didn't realize that until you mentioned that. Champion with dueling, a Battle Master Manuever via Superior Technique, and whatever else style wanted.

Then said champion takes the Martial Adept feat for TWO MORE maneuvers.

These are the sorts of options tinkering I've wanted for the Fighter from the start. Champion is great for a systems-light Fighter, but getting a chance to give Martial Maneuvers in a significant capacity to other Fighter builds is phenomenal!

Aldarc

Legend
I'm not really a fan of the Shadow Touched or Fey Touched feats. They seems kinda boring, with the Fey Touched one basically just giving non-elves the racial feat that high elves could pick that likewise provided Misty Step.

That said. Shadow Touched? Fey Touched? Shadowfell material? Feywild material? Do these feats hint at planar material?

If a non-human or non-half human Wizard or Fighter finally getting to be as good at Arcana or Athletics, respectively, as a Rogue or Bard is "power creep," then I welcome the power creep.

Personlly, I think this feat is better balanced than the XgtE one. But since WotC thought the XgtE was good enough to publish, the only response is a) power creep or b) design incompetence. Personally, I will hope for option A.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I'm not really a fan of the Shadow Touched or Fey Touched feats. They seems kinda boring, with the Fey Touched one basically just giving non-elves the racial feat that high elves could pick that likewise provided Misty Step.

That said. Shadow Touched? Fey Touched? Shadowfell material? Feywild material? Do these feats hint at planar material?
Yes. I've been saying for months that Xanathar's 2.0 will be Planescape or at least planar in theme. This, the subclasses, and the summoning spells pretty much confirm this suspicion for me.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
These are fun! I like the way that Chef and Poisoner allow your character to do some light crafting.

The Crusher, Piercer, and Slasher feats remind me of old house rules I used to use for Massive Damage. They also inspire me to make some fun character builds.

Good feats!

Remove ads

Remove ads