D&D 5E Unused Content 3rd poll

Have you taken Weapon Master, Moderately, Heavily or Lightly Armored, or Dungeon Delver feats?

• Yes, and I had a positive experience.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Yes, and I had a negative experience.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • No, I have not used any of these.

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Poll closed .
Never took Weapon Master, Dungeon Delver, or Lightly Armored.

I have made good use of Moderately and Heavily Armored. Getting shield prof and reducing the need for dex is great for a lot of builds that want to focus on their mental stats. I've gotten the most use for Heavy on races that grant medium armor prof. My githyanki war wizard walked around with 18 AC as a baseline before taking into account class abilities and the shield spell.

ECMO3

Hero
I used weapon master twice, once ona human bladesinger - picked up whip, hand crossbow, short sword and rapier. Then get scimitar at 2nd level and you have all the weapons you want as a bladesinger. I have also used it as a 1st level feat on a human order cleric. The character was going to dip wizard and wanted better weapons to use with booming blade.

I have taken heavily armored on a human death cleric.

I have not used the others and I don't think I ever took weapon master or heavily armored after 1st level.

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
In 5E, in actual play, have you used any of these at all during the time that they have been published options? I will be posting several polls separately to get a feel for what people are actually doing.
Thank You everyone for your thoughtful comments. I'll share that I did this series of polls because these are truly options that I have not seen anyone take at all in hundreds of sessions over the years with dozens of players. I don't say 'never' lightly. About a third of respondents though have used these and had positive experience, mainly citing the armor feats. some dungeon delver, none Weapon Master. In the play test DOC released today, some of these have changed. Maybe with feedback from the community and good writing these will be more worthwhile in the next revision.

Remove ads