Unusual Sandwiches

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The sandwich I discovered late last year at restaurant, that I hope I can get back to when things re-open, is a "Carolina Hot Brown". 8 ounce hamburger steak cooked to temp on Texas toast and topped with mashed potatoes and our Cabernet Mushroom Brown Gravy. It's lot better than the orignal Hot Brown from Louisville (which was the most disappointing Turkey sandwich I ever had).

My go-to sandwiches are jalapeno bagel with sausage, egg, and cheese, for breakfast; and a pimento-cheese and jalapeno burger (no other toppings) for lunch.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The sandwich I discovered late last year at I restaurant, that I hope I can get back to when things re-open, is a "Carolina Hot Brown". 8 ounce hamburger steak cooked to temp on Texas toast and topped with mashed potatoes and our Cabernet Mushroom Brown Gravy. It's lot better than the orignal Hot Brown from Louisville (which was the most disappointing Turkey sandwich I ever had).

My go-to sandwiches are jalapeno bagel with sausage, egg, and cheese, for breakfast; and a pimento-cheese and jalapeno burger (no other toppings) for lunch.
I saw a Hot Brown on one of those TV shows a while back. Seemed messy, but alluring. ;)

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
It was sliced, and I broke it up into smaller chunks- about the length of my thumb joint. Shredding it might have been better, though. It started to disintegrate a bit towards the end.

I usually shred slow-cooked meat, especially if it's going into a sandwich-esque situation, but I know that's not a universal norm.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

This time, pulled pork warmed with 2 different BBQ sauces, and topped with smoked gruyere cheese.
The toasted bun was buttered; the top hit with Lebanese garlic sauce, the bottom with mustard

Zardnaar

Legend
Last night's kebab.

IMG_20200708_175859.jpg

Not very common in the states apparently.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
@Zardnaar I have good kebabs available here, too. Then again, I live near DC, which is ... the opposite of a food desert, I guess.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Chicken & smoked gruyere club on buttered toasted onion roll with honey & Chinese hot oil:

I drizzled & smeared some of that honey & hot oil mix on each layer, and took the rest along for dipping.

Remove ads