• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Up from the Dust: IC

Vendetta

First Post
"Cast? What the..." Wayne shakes his head... this was certainly some kind of bizarre "lord of the rings" nightmare he was having... did one of his partners slip him some hallucination drug of some kind?

Kelleris

Explorer
OOC - I guess I have a moment while I'm doing the talking in the above posts...

"Good idea, Vargo. If you can keep an eye on matters I won't feel so bad about being split up, which is apparently inevitable."

Ashy - It's hard to say how much time is passing, but I'm not going to let more than 10-15 seconds go by before I try to find whoever's in trouble. Our only potential information source getting mauled is just not acceptable.

Vargo

First Post
Vargo, Human Cleric

Vargo does not squander time - he immediately steps forward to Adauth, and chanting in a gutteral tongue appears to pluck one of his own eyes out - optic nerve and everything - and forcefully slams it into Adauth's face. Once the immediate wave of revulsion passes everybody by, they notice that Vargo still has both eyes, and Adauth does not have blood on himself anywhere.

Vargo adds "You don't have to do anything quite so drastic to pass it on - just touch them, and I'll take care of the rest. It should last about six hours. If you want us all to come to where you are, hold your hand in front of your face, make a fist, wave it in a circle, then point at the ground. If you want me to move my spell to a target, wave your hand in front of your face, point at the target, then attempt to touch the target. Once I've moved the spell off of you, I can't move it back unless you touch or are touched by the possessor of the spell."

Ashy:
[sblock]Casting time 1 standard action, Divination, so it's +1 CL for having the Knowledge domain, DC16 will save, SR:Yes, lasts 6 hours, p158 in Complete Divine. Text: "You can use a creature's vision instead of your own. While this spell gives you no control over the creature, each time it comes into physical contact with another living being, you can choose to transfer your sensor to the new creature. In this way, your sensor can infiltrate a closely guarded area. During your turn in a round, you can use a free action to switch from seeing through the current creature's eyes to seeing normally or back again."[/sblock]

Last edited:

Komodo

First Post
OOC: Sorry about the delay, again...School is getting crazy at me. On the plus side, my first acceptance letter's come through (Georgia Tech). w00t!

Nebiros blinks several times and shakes his head rapidly. He squints a bit and scratches his horned head, then says, "Yeah, sure. Sorry, must have dazed off for a second. I'll check it out."

The diminutive devil's leathery wings buzz as he flutters another foot into the air, then zips past Adauth and the others (touch AC's 25, in case you want to transfer the spell) to investigate the stairwell.

Listen +15, Spot +23, Seach +21, at your discretion. Also note the 60 ft darkvision.

[sblock]
Nebiros will also use detect good when he peers down the stairwell.
[/sblock]

Mad Hatter

First Post
Ganshinji moves to stand near Adauth, draws both axes, and whispers: What are you hearing that we can't? Any clue as to why someone is reaching out to you?

Kelleris

Explorer
Adauth Mirorwyn, Male Human Bard 8/Marshal 3

OOC to Vargo (the player not the PC): Character is named Adauth. Probably shouldn't call him "Kelleris," since that character is a Sorcerer 18/Fighter 2/Wizard 20 and would probably be less impressed by goings-on than Adauth. ;)

To Ganshinji: "'Reaching out to me?' A bit melodramatic, Shinji. I just have good ears. And like I said a moment ago, someone down there is calling for immediate help."

To Vargo: "Keep everyone posted, I'm going exploring."

Growing ever more antsy at having to restrain himself from following his instincts, Adauth finally heads off without waiting for more distractions.

Ashy - [sblock] Aargh! :uhoh: Just tell me what it is, I'm dying to know after a week! I'll be careful approaching once I know I'm close, though (take 10 on Hide and Move Silently, with the +4 for my aura). Since you let me use the aura underwater last time I assume I can affect at least myself without speaking. I assume you can just post it out in the open, as Vargo should relay the information.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Komodo said:

The diminutive devil's leathery wings buzz as he flutters another foot into the air, then zips past Adauth and the others

Wato reacts at Nebrios movment and follow him as good as he can 30 ft back.

Mad Hatter

First Post
Ganshinji replies to Adauth goodnaturedly: "Melodrama is fun. Please, allow me my small pleasures in life At any rate where you go, I too, will go. So lead the way."

Unless asked not to follow by Adauth, Ganshinji will go with Adauth.

kyloss

First Post
If anyone happens to notice Airole when the spell is cast she shows more of a reaction to the fact that there is no damage or blood from the spell rather than the actions seen during it

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads