• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Up from the Dust: OOC [FULL]

Ashy

First Post
Vendetta said:
I'm kind of feelign that way too and Wayne just doesn't seem to belong, with everyone else being D&D and he being Modern... I'd like to see where it's going but I find myself having a hard time following along too.

Vendetta - I think that if you stick it out a bit, you'll find yourself. Also, try coming out of the "this is a bad dream" bit and talking more with the other characters - that might help a bit...

Ashy

First Post
Kelleris said:
Well, Ashy was originally planning to split us up into more level-segregated groups, so I'm guessing he'll be doing so soon. So it should get easier. In the meantime, why don't we all post our character names in our posts' title? I know that'd help me manage.

In the meantime, I have a question for you, Ashy. Now, Adauth's getting a lot of resistance from some of the party members (not taking it personally and not at all surprised, but there you go) and I'm abou to use a Marshall's aura to keep everyone on their toes.

Now, the effect assumes that the people affected by it are letting me lead them to a certain degree. (The same, incidentally, goes for bardic music, off of my Perform (oratory).) So who gets the bonuses?

Not entirely sure how I want to handle this yet.

You won't need to worry about who does or does not get the bonuses, I will let the players know if they do or do not, based on their character's reactions to Adauth.

Vendetta

First Post
Ashy said:
Vendetta - I think that if you stick it out a bit, you'll find yourself. Also, try coming out of the "this is a bad dream" bit and talking more with the other characters - that might help a bit...
Yeah, he'd ask questions like "What are you?" and "What movie where you in?" or "Was there a dungeons and dragons convention?"... there's really no one in the group that he can relate to. Not saying this to be difficult, but he's a pretty modern kind of guy in a very outrageous situation, stuff he's seen in a bunch of movies he really wasn't interested in. He'll break out of that eventually but he'll need a reason... He's going to have a conniption fit here soon when he finally does "get it" that this is all real. but that has to come at a time that won't put the group in danger, like that short stint at the campfire when I started it (But I missed out getting through it because I underestimated the time I'd have with the group sitting there RPing)

Anyway, I didn't post that I was leaving... just agreeing that the adventure has been hard to follow.

Kelleris

Explorer
Ashy - Okay. I'll leave it in your capable hands. That way I won't offend anyone by denying them Improved Initiative "just 'cuz I'm a jerk." :uhoh:

Vendetta - If you think it would help, Adauth could pick up on the ensuing conniption fit and strike up a conversation. I don't have those Sense Motive ranks for nuthin' you know! :D

Vendetta

First Post
Thanks for the offer, but I'll find a good time to fit it in. He'll keep plugging away until such a time comes that he goes bonkers and that imp has to kill him :D

One of my games died since this started and that would have been a cool character to bring in... he's more on par with some of the characters in here and a D&D character... although, he's lawful evil so I guess he wouldn't have worked out too well (A Duergar dwarf with the insectile template, rogue fighter... a nasty shot with a bow... fun)

Although, when wayne pulls out that truck of his and drives over a hoard of critters, everyone will think he's some kind of demon or something... Hope wayne had a full tank of gas when he died because I just don't see a "Shell Station" in the future of this game :p

Last edited:

Vendetta

First Post
After wayne dies, which he probably will... he's not much of an adventurer. I still do want to explore him in this adventure though (Just once, I want to pull out his truck and drive the hell over a bunch of enemies :D :D :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads