• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Cyian

" Yes we will talk it over, and meet you tommorrow, my lady. Come on Gildrim let's leave this nice lady to her work. Thank you Sister Anemone." Cyian says as he turns to leave.

ooc: will try to usher out Erf and Gildrim also don't know how good I'll be at that

Trouvere

Explorer
"Is thaur anythin' we kin be gettin' ye frae th' swamp, sin we'll be goin' in regardless? Plants ur somethin'? Micht as well dae as mony things at ance as we kin," Gildrim asks as Cyian tugs him away.

Halford

First Post
Erf doesn't need much encouragement form Cyian, and is soon trotting away waving his goodbyes to Sister Anemone.

"Nice to meet you, see you tomorrow! Come on Fenenn, don't sniff that its rude. Bye, bye."

Turning to the party he says,

"I liked her, you were mighty persuasive there I thought Cyian - how's your lizardfolkese? What do they speak Gildrim Draconic?"

After hearing Cyian and Gildrim's replies Erf turns to Ter-raen.

"Hey Ter-raen you've not said much, how do you feel about meetin' with the lizard folk? You think we should chance it and wade in, or try a bitte chattin' first?"

covaithe

Explorer
Sister Anemone looks back and forth between you, pursing her lips in consternation. "Are you coming tomorrow or not? If it can be done at all, I've got to go arrange that meeting right now. If I do that, and you don't show... you won't be welcome to show your faces back here. So if you're not going to come, tell me now and stop wasting my time. As for plants and such, I can get what I need myself, thanks. I'm not that old yet," with a pointed glance at Erf.

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim looks from one to the other. "Aye, we'll be thaur. If ye see a diamond glintin' in th' coal, ye dinnae leave it lyin' thaur. Nae that Ah'd knaw... livin' in a hill."

"One last thing... dae we bring ony eetems fur trade ur as gifts, ur wuid that be a mistak, considerin' th' last man wha tried?"

Halford

First Post
"Oh we'll be there young lady! Ye can count on that sure as eggs is eggs."

Erf says with a wink, before allowing Cyian to shepherd himaway.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Halford, I'm a bit leery on crafting scrolls before you're officially awarded XP. Let's get you approved first, and then, depending on where the situation stands, maybe we can retcon in some crafting if it seems appropriate. As far as craft points, it's my understanding* that it's mostly for use between adventures, as a kind of substitute for time spent crafting, since a) time spent is supposed to be part of the total cost of crafting, and b) time between adventures is essentially free, and, given LEW's extremely flexible space-time continuum, more or less unlimited. That said, it's my understanding* that when you're on an adventure, you can spend actual time crafting as usual. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Also, my interpretation of the scroll-scribing rules is that it's 8 hours for each 1000g worth of scroll you're making, so scribing cheap scrolls is much faster, say an hour or two for a few CLW.

* My "understanding" of the crafting system should be taken with a grain of salt, since every time I try to read those rules, my head hurts and I suddenly find myself doing something else more fun, like flossing.

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Cyian

"Regardless of which way we proceed no one make mention of what you had for lunch today." Cyian says as the get out of earshot of Sister Anemone."Well we have sort of a plan at least we can go back to the inn and see what this Cardith fellow did to upset the lizardfolk so we don't do the same thing." The young man walks alittle taller as they head back to the inn.

[sblock=Halford] Hey Halford look to see which judges have been online recently and e-mail them. That's how I got all my characters approved.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]Well I can certainly understand that covaithe, and time spent on adventures seems to be the way I would run it as a DM. While I'd love to say that a scroll takes 8 hours per 1000gp of its base price, and thus you could make 8 first levels in a crafting day I am pretty sure thats not right. Taking a look at Scribe Scroll that interpretation seems fine, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it somewhere that 8 hours is the minimum. Still I'd be happy with that interpretation

Hopefully Rae is going to approve me tomorrow, so if I can just get another judge then Erf will be good to go!![/Sblock]

Remove ads