Vampire: the Masquerade - New York by Night OOC Thread

Catulle

Hero
Welcome to the (new) OOC thread for ENWorld's first Vampire: the Masquerade game, originally started by Ashrem Bayle and later 'usurped' by me.

The in-character action takes place on the IC Thread, with character biographies (and even a few stats) in the Rogues' Gallery Thread.

For reference, the old OOC thread can be found here.

At present time, the game is looking to potentially recruit another player, but is working off prior interested posters. If this situation changes, I will leave notification by editing this post (again).

Regards,

Barry

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
just in case you guys didn't know:
there's a cool feature, that if you click on the number of posts for a given thread, it'll show you the totals of who's posted.

Counts for the napping thread:
KitanaVorr 193
Ashrem Bayle 129
Shalimar 129
reapersaurus 108
Catulle 77
Vychtorya 44
Festy_Dog 38
Jemal 30
Krizzel 13
etc

Really neat feature, I think.
I hadn't known it was there until someone pointed it out to me...

KitanaVorr

First Post
reapersaurus said:
just in case you guys didn't know:
there's a cool feature, that if you click on the number of posts for a given thread, it'll show you the totals of who's posted.

Counts for the napping thread:
KitanaVorr 193
Ashrem Bayle 129
Shalimar 129
reapersaurus 108
Catulle 77
Vychtorya 44
Festy_Dog 38
Jemal 30
Krizzel 13
etc

Really neat feature, I think.
I hadn't known it was there until someone pointed it out to me...

whoo hoo! I am the official Vampire uber poster (who needs to go to bed)

*does a little Kitana dance*

Shali and Ash are neck in neck for the number two spot...ooo.... :D

reapersaurus

First Post
oh!
Festy - I just caught where you mentioned the HeartBreaker (now called The Red Poet, 'properly') in character.

Catulle is the authority on this, but my idea of the Red Poet was that his existence would only be known by a few... pretty much an unbroken secret within the vampire ranks, and probably only known by a few vampires outside of the Toreador (where his tale is sometimes used as an example of why NOT to feel so much connection with the Mortals... and not to lose youself in depression and despair.)

Catulle

Hero
Cool. Well, you learn something new every day.

I'm pretty happy with Max having heard of the 'Heart Breaker' in the sense of a vampiric urban legend (as long as we don't go out of control on it). With such a high-profile killer there are bound to be a load of interpretations on what's going on (think of the Whitehall murders for an example). So, while the Toreador hold ''the truth'' about the Red Poet, and Nikolai ''knows'' what's really going on, it could be cool for the story to have grown in the telling (during the recapture of NY?), passed around fearful neonate coteries like... our's.

The facts of the matter would lie somewhere in the middle.

Of course, that's assuming it's okay by you to subborn your character background in such a shameless fashion... ;)

Regards,

Barry

Festy_Dog

First Post
Max has heard rumours and the such but nothing concrete, his research into vampirism and the occult also lend him some ideas. He has interpreted that the vampire known as the HeartBreaker is an evil, evil creature, who only brings suffering and sorrow and that it must die. He is pretty certain that it kills human couples in grissly and graphic manners, thus giving it its name. Thats the extent of his knowledge on the subject.

Catulle

Hero
Some 'out of sight' mechanics to avoid clutttering the main thread.

Qadir's attempt to Aura Perceive Kraing (diff 8) yields a weird 10,10,9 for 3 successes... so Kriang's emotional state would be?

(I have a handle on the Vampire and patterns bit, so it's just the main emotion I'll need)

Regards,

Barry

Remove ads