Vampires of Waterdeep (IC)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Oh, that's not good... Evendur thinks idly, even as he stands and draws his sun blade in a smooth and practiced gesture. The golden blade illuminates his face as he grasps it in both hands and adopts an agressive stance. "There will be no Hunt tonight, in Helm's name!" he cries, and leaps for the woman, bringing up his blade hilt-first in an attempt to knock her out. As he moves, his body seems to be briefly covered with an upright gauntlet, but the image is gone just as fast.

OOC: [sblock]Activating divine wrath and moving towards the woman. AC is currently 15 [+2 armor, +1 Dex, +2 ring] with a DR of 3/-. Will be attacking for subdual next round, unless the werewolves start doing lethal damage to the patrons. Attack bonus is currently +29 (additional +2 against evil creatures, which I presume the werewolves are, already factored in, and +3 from divine wrath). Damage will be 1d10+20/19-20/x2/S, sun blade. Already factored in are the two-handed damage, divine wrath, and extra +2 against evil creatures. Also saves go up by +3 due to divine wrath.[/sblock]

sans

First Post
Upon hearing the shouts (“what the…?!”) and screams (“eek!”) coming from the tavern, Salo says out loud “Hey, that’s not the code phrase!”

Nevertheless, he activates his winged boots and heads towards the tavern while drawing his sling.

[sblock]
SA: Activate winged boots
MA: fly 60’ towards whichever entrance he is closest

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun Kale

Rolling his eyes as the Malarites make themselves known, Vaidun stands and faces them. The dark-skinned man sets his eyes upon woman that addressed Lord Orlpar."Be it known that you are breaking Waterdeep's laws by conducting this ritual hunt within the city's walls. As a resident and unofficial representative of the Watch, I must insist that you cease and desist your current unlawful activities." As he speaks, Vaidun pulls a few miscellaneous items surreptitiously from his spell component pouch.

OOC: Ready action to cast Sudden Maximized Chain Lightning if the werewolves do not immediately stand down. Primary bolt aimed at the woman. Cast defensively if necessary, Concentration +18.

AC: 23 + 20% miss chance from Cloak of Displacement, HP: 75 w/ false life (average), Init +6 (apparently I only had a +4 on my char sheet. My mistake.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
As the tavern erupts into pandemonium the werewolves make no attempt to either attack or hinder any of the patrons, seemingly content to wait and see how the hunt will play itself out.

Kenneth slowly rises from his chair and draws his sword, keeping the shining . . . silver . . . blade between him and the four werewolves who he suddenly finds himself seated with. He circles his table northwards, heading towards Evendur and Vaidun.

"I don't think we covered this eventuality."

As Kenneth stands up and draws his blade the closest werewolves bares their fangs and let out a deep threatening growl, but otherwise makes no more to stop his movements.

Brondin draws Moon's Silver Hand as he stands up from his chair, grasps his holy symbol and prays over it briefly. It glows slightly and he hefts it tightly, ready to attack the werewolf directly beside him.

"You see this symbol I carry? Know that it means doom to any who sully the light of the moon with brutal savagery. That means you."

As Brondin begins to cast his spell the Werewolf closest to him (#9) snarls in hatred and attacks, Brondin manages to dodge out of the way of one of the werewolves claws. Moving closer to Brondin the lycanthrope manages to rake a claw across Brondins face and to sink it's razor sharp teeth into Brondins outstretched hand, though battered and bruised Brondin manages to maintain his focus and completes the spell to enchant his mace.

Speaking in a gravely voice "You should have chosen not to interfere, servant of the false moon god"

Oh, that's not good... Evendur thinks idly, even as he stands and draws his sun blade in a smooth and practised gesture. The golden blade illuminates his face as he grasps it in both hands and adopts an aggressive stance. "There will be no Hunt tonight, in Helm's name!" he cries, and leaps for the woman, bringing up his blade hilt-first in an attempt to knock her out. As he moves, his body seems to be briefly covered with an upright gauntlet, but the image is gone just as fast.

Seeing the panic stricken crowd Evendur leaps onto the table ready to dive off and attack the exotic looking woman, one of the werewolves (#4) seeing him about to leap upon his mistress calls out a warning before moving to intercept. The Werewolf lashes out in a fury with claws and fangs, but only manages to rakes one of it's claws along Evendurs left thigh.

Undeterred Evendur jumps over the head of his attacker, and brings the flat of his enchanted blade squarely down upon the unprotected head of the Malarite woman, with a resounding crack the sword connects with the back of her head.

Landing on his feet Evendur is surprised to see that the exotic looking woman is not only standing but seems to be completely unharmed by his attack.

Pouting slightly at Evendur the exotic looking woman smiles seductively, before licking her lips suggestively while staring deeply into his eyes "How gallant of you, sir knight. It's nice to see that chivalry and stupidity is alive and kicking. However I suggest you leave this tavern immediately and return to where you're staying and to have a nice nap."

Hearing the logic and common sense in the womans argument Evendur decides to listen to the ladies suggestion and makes haste to leave by the most expeditious means possible.

While this is taking place the panicked patrons begin a mass exodus thru the nearest exits, while the werewolves continue to make no overt moves against the fleeing mass.

As the woman makes her declaration Wolf stops his dancing on the main floor. "Malarites." he hisses and marks the werewolves's human faces quickly so he can track them later if any escape. He had not noted any familiar faces before but one of them might be a lead to his nemesis. One gauntleted fist closes as he draws the wolf headed silver blade.

Attacking the closest werewolf, Wolf reaches out with his preternaturally long arm and inflicts a shallow wound to it's upper chest, incensed at the attack the werewolf leaps forward, Wolf manages to dodge and block the werewolves clumsy two clawed hands, with a suddenness that leaves Wolf exposed, the werewolves bestial head lashes forwards and sinks it's razor sharp fangs into Wolfs exposed left arm. "Soon you will join us in the hunt, brother"

Rolling his eyes as the Malarites make themselves known, Vaidun stands and faces them. The dark-skinned man sets his eyes upon woman that addressed Lord Orlpar."Be it known that you are breaking Waterdeep's laws by conducting this ritual hunt within the city's walls. As a resident and unofficial representative of the Watch, I must insist that you cease and desist your current unlawful activities." As he speaks, Vaidun pulls a few miscellaneous items surreptitiously from his spell component pouch.

As Vaidun makes his declaration the exotic looking woman gives Vaidun a cold evaluating look, before turning back to watch the panic stricken Lord Orlpar.

Meanwhile the closest werewolves focus their attention on Vaidun and lets out growls full of menace "Any who seek to interfere in our Lords Hunt, will die"

Throughout the chaos the pale faced Lord Orlpar manages to maintain his head, pulling out a potion from an inner pocket he quaffs it in a single go, with a burst of speed Lord Orlpar heads towards the back entrance and out into the street, unhindered by the fearsome werewolves.

As the last panicked patron leaves the tavern the beautiful Malarite woman surveys the group with a cold eye "I have no quarrel against you, as such I suggest that you leave now and forget about this incident"

~~~~

Upon hearing the shouts (“what the…?!”) and screams (“eek!”) coming from the tavern, Salo says out loud “Hey, that’s not the code phrase!”

Nevertheless, he activates his winged boots and heads towards the back entrance of the tavern while drawing his sling.

Salo sees a group of panicked patrons exits thru the back door, flying above the group none seem to notice that he's there, all bar one of the patron begin to head north once they've exited the building heading for the relative safety of the street.

Strangely one finely dressed man heads towards the taverns middens, moving a wooden board aside the man descends a flight of steps into the ground, looking down upon the hole Salo sees the fearful face of Lord Orlpar as he replaces the wooden cover over the secret exit.

~~~~

Brondin, Evendur and Wolf Only[sblock]
The first attack of the werewolves left you feeling weak and light headed, you now have -1 on all skill checks, ability checks, attack rolls and saving throws.

Also Brondin can now cast 1 fewer 6th level spell.[/sblock]

Evendur Only[sblock]
Evendur has been dominated by the The Malarite woman she commands Evendur telepathically to "Follow my command to flee, but otherwise act as you would normally, if asked about why you left the tavern, say that it seemed like a good idea at the time, but now that you think about it, you were obviously influenced by some type of spell"[/sblock]

Vaidun Only[sblock]
Vaidun decided not to cast his spell, due to the panic and chaos inside the tavern there was a chance that some of the patron could have gotten in the way, either between Vaidun or the Malarite woman, or between the werewolves as the lightning arced from one to the other.[/sblock]
Combat Summaries[sblock]
Initiative
WW1 30 (Readied action)
WW2 30 (Readied action)
WW3 30 (Readied action)
WW4 30 (Attacks Evendur 14, 16, 13. One hit for 16 points of damage)
WW5 30 (Readied action)
WW6 30 (Readied action)
WW7 30 (Readied action)
WW8 30 (Attacks Wolf 13, 16, 26. Bite hits for 16 points of damage.)
WW9 30 (Attacks Brondin 31, 32 [Nat 20], 31 [Nat 20]. Two hits for 14 [claw] & 16 [bite] damage.)
Kenneth 20
Salo 14
Brondin 11 (Save vs Lycanthropy 22 vs DC 15, success. Con checks 28 and 25, success x2. Cast Greater Magic Weapon)
Evendur 10 (Non-Lethal attacks vs the Malarite 49, success for 0 damage. Will Save 17 vs DC 19)
Exotic Lady 9 (Influences Evendur)
Commoners 8 (Panicing)
Wolf 6 (Attacks #8 29, success for 9 points of damage)
Vaidun 6
Orlpar 5 (Drinking potion then fleeing)

Spell Effects Summary
Brondin: Greater Magic Weapon [Silver Mace], (13 hours duration)
Vaidun: False Life (14 temp HP's,13 hours duration), & Greater Mage Armour (13 hours duration).

Conditional Summary
Brondin 32/62
Evendur 110/121
Kenneth 101/101
Salo 67/67
Vaidun 60/60
Wolf 102/113
Malarite 100%
WW1 100%
WW2 100%
WW3 100%
WW4 100%
WW5 100%
WW6 100%
WW7 100%
WW8 80%
WW9 100%[/sblock]

The Grinning Lion - Round 2

ByteRynn

First Post
Concentrating on his armband, and casting another spell, Brondin begins to worry about what exactly they are dealing with. Most of his wounds close, and he stands ready to face the werewolf backing him into a corner.

OOC: [sblock]Full round action: Cast Cure Moderate Wounds with my armband of maximized healing, recovering 26 hitoints. Casting defensively: +19. Also, do I notice anything funny and undead about this werewolf? Knowledge (nature) +9 and knowledge (religion) +10[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
"Not likely dog." Wolf stabs his silver short sword into the neck of the werewolf, followed by an uppercut with his spiked gauntlet. In a flurry he carves and pummels the werewolf again, his eyes alert for any companions moving to support the werewolf and within striking range of his sword.

The wound burns Wollf, disconcertingly deeper than past wounds from werewolves.

ooc full attack +11<13>/+6<8> silver animal bane short sword d6+6<8><+2d6> and +11/+6 cold iron holy spiked gauntlet d4+4(+2d6).

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
She told me to leave, it must have been important... Why? Why now? Was it a test? Was Helm testing me? I know the church brought me here to protect someone that had some them a service. Is she the one? I know Helm's faithful are often tested to prove their worth. That must be it, to hold true to duty and vigilance! She was testing me herself with that elaborate set-up to see if I would follow orders, Evendur thinks as he walks, trying to come to some kind of logical way to explain his actions to his friends.

I think they're going to be mad at me. I hope I can explain, people often don't understand Helm's unwavering devotion. Surely I can find the elequence to say what needs saying... Thinking hard still, Evendur finds his feet going to one of the temples of Helm where he hopes a vigil will help him order his thoughts and mind for this new duty. Perhaps one of the priests there can help him understand what Helm requires of him.

sans

First Post
Looking down upon the hole Salo sees the fearful face of Lord Orlpar as he replaces the wooden cover over the secret exit.
Salo doesn't give Lord Orlpar a second glance. He knows some of his companions might scold him later for not pursuing Orlpar, but Salo has his priorities. Something awful was happening inside the Grinning Lion and his friends were in there.

Salo approaches the rear entrance, draws a wand and dagger from his bandolier, speaks a single word, and vanishes.

[sblock=ooc]
move: advance to the back door of the inn (E8) so Salo is behind Bron while sheathing sling (is the door open?).
free: Quick draw wand of greater invisibility in left hand, +1 silver dagger of undead bane in right hand
sa: activate wand of greater invisibility (DC20, Use Magic Device: +21).

Spell Effects
fly: 5 minutes
greater invisibility: 7 rounds (49 charges left after this use)
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Vaidun Kale

I really wish they had surrendered. And I really wish my companions hadn't acted so rashly, thinks Vaidun with a slow shake of his head. Stepping back into the corner to put some distance between himself and the werewolves, Vaidun quickly chants out the words to a spell, sending a powerful blast of lightning forth at the foe.

OOC: 5' step to I2, Cast Sudden Maximized Chain Lightning. Primary bolt (78 damage - reflex save DC24 for half) aimed at the woman, secondary bolts (39 damage - reflex save DC24 for half) to werewolves. Cast defensively if necessary, Concentration +18.

AC: 23 + 20% miss chance from Cloak of Displacement, HP: 60/60 + 14 temp, Init +6

Remove ads