• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!
Vecna: Eve of Ruin

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming May 21st!

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I think Tasha will be the Greyhawk archmage of the story. She's getting a lot of play recently, and the writers really need to add more to her redemption story, so that it eclipses her past villainy (being Iggwilv, the consort-peer to Graz'zt, and mother of the demon-spawn Iuz). She likely has good Vecna experience, as he originates in Greyhawk as well.
Was there a redemption story I missed, or were you speaking in general terms?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
In the Wild Beyond the Witchlight, Iggwilv/Tasha is described as being Chaotic Neutral (she used to be evil in previous editions, right?) and has the personality traits: “I have become more temperamental in my old age.” and "I used to believe that emotions and kindness were signs of weakness. Now I see their strength.”

It also describes that in her transformation into an Archfey she became less interested in personal power and mostly wants to stay in her Domain of Delight safe from past enemies.

I would imagine that if she learned that Vecna was attempting to destroy the Multiverse she would try to stop him/help those that are stopping him in some way. Maybe reach out to some old friends/enemies like Mordenkainen.

It's not a specifically curated story.

According to the recent retcon, Tasha (originally Natasha) is also the person who was Iggwilv, The Witch Queen, consort of the Dark Demon Prince of Pleasure, Graz'zt, and is the Mother of Iuz, a cambion tyrant in Greyhawk. That is her villainous origin. The designers seem to be downplaying her Graz'zt and Iuz connection.

She is involved in a recently published adventure, The Wild Beyond the Witchlight. She's Chaotic Neutral these days. Her tone in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything is not "villainous" per se. If they continue to showcase her, it will likely be as an ally to heroes, as opposed to being an antagonist.

Does that count as speaking in general terms?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
It's not a specifically curated story.

According to the recent retcon, Tasha (originally Natasha) is also the person who was Iggwilv, The Witch Queen, consort of the Dark Demon Prince of Pleasure, Graz'zt, and is the Mother of Iuz, a cambion tyrant in Greyhawk. That is her villainous origin. The designers seem to be downplaying her Graz'zt and Iuz connection.

She is involved in a recently published adventure, The Wild Beyond the Witchlight. She's Chaotic Neutral these days. Her tone in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything is not "villainous" per se. If they continue to showcase her, it will likely be as an ally to heroes, as opposed to being an antagonist.

Does that count as speaking in general terms?
And the list of bad guys in official D&D gets smaller. Wonder why they felt the need to redeem Tasha at all?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As the child of a recently deceased "doddering old man" I beg to differ. I take it that you have no loved ones with dementia. And are not First Nation. Or short. Or struggle with maths. Or homeless.

Mod Note:
By expanding to issues they weren't speaking to, this comes off as somewhere between intentionally argumentative and "looking for a fight".

Dragonlance isn't perfect, but that's not the fault of anyone here, so please don't take it out on your fellow posters. Thanks.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
In the Wild Beyond the Witchlight, Iggwilv/Tasha is described as being Chaotic Neutral (she used to be evil in previous editions, right?) and has the personality traits: “I have become more temperamental in my old age.” and "I used to believe that emotions and kindness were signs of weakness. Now I see their strength.”

It also describes that in her transformation into an Archfey she became less interested in personal power and mostly wants to stay in her Domain of Delight safe from past enemies.

I would imagine that if she learned that Vecna was attempting to destroy the Multiverse she would try to stop him/help those that are stopping him in some way. Maybe reach out to some old friends/enemies like Mordenkainen.
"The Multiverse is where I keep all my stuff!"

isn’t he the actual god though? I seem to recall his constellation missing, which was a sign he is on Krynn himself.

The Clark Kent to Superman so to speak

Gods can be Wizards too, infact pre 4e, Avatars of Gods were multiclassed usually. Sharess' Avatar was a very high level multiclass Fighter/Thief/Cleric/Spelldancer (a good class from 2e), in addition to unique Godly abilities like having nine lives.

Though I should point out that her less evil mood is because she literally removed a good chunk of her nasty personality traits incarnated them as lesser demons and locked them in a room. She becomes more like her old self if those demons are destroyed as the parts of her personality go back into her.

Remove ads