• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Viridian Plague--New Spring [Trayah]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You can no longer surrender and leave, true. But you could surrender and die. This would spare the lives of any of your Guardians who happen to pass their trials, and it would spare you the disgrace of embarrassing yourself. You do realise that you can't possibly succeed, even if you pass the preliminary trials, right? Just admit it to yourself."

unleashed

First Post
“Apparently, you still don’t understand spirit. I care nothing for myself, so no matter the consequences or disgrace I must make the attempt or die trying. As to whether I can succeed or not, that is something I will only find out by moving forward.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Apparently you don't care about your Guardians either. Look, you know you're not strong enough for this. You've even admitted it to me. What is it that makes you continue onward--sheer desperation? Desperation is a tattered rag, a poor substitute for the shining cloak of courage."

unleashed

First Post
“I do, but surrendering to death so they may leave, only send them back to face the darkness with one less weapon. As for not being strong enough for this... while I have doubted the spirit of prophecy chose correctly in sending me, I do not know what it saw... so perhaps it knows something about me I am yet to discover about myself. And it is not desperation which carries me forward, but duty, duty to protect the land and it’s people, from whatever threatens them... with the assistance of whatever spirits will join with me. Would you join me against the darkness spirit?”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Duty without competence just makes you a martyr at best, and a lemming at worst. I am sworn to defend this place, and so I may not leave to go on your fool's errand. You have not the courage or wherewithal to succeed anyway."

unleashed

First Post
“Well, you’re entitled to your opinion spirit, though we’ll have to agree to disagree on most points. And while it’s been interesting talking with you, I can see little point in speaking further if you’ve nothing more useful to add, as I won’t be swayed from my path.”

*Trayah then bows to the spirit, before sitting and beginning to meditate.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I'll admit one thing--that's a very stubborn way to fail your trial. If you can't even beat this trial, you're pretty pathetic. If any of your friends survive, should I have someone tell them to find their nearest exit since their leader has gone on strike and is going to sit here until he starves?"

unleashed

First Post
*Looking up, the hint of a toothy smile on his face, Trayah shakes his head.*

“Stubborn? Fail? Go on strike? It appears you don’t know as much as you think spirit. For I was seeking only a moment or two of solitude to try and centre myself, to calm my spirit and draw upon the essence of my surroundings, since I’ve had no luck making myself clear while speaking with you, but it seems you won’t even allow me to do that in peace.”

unleashed

First Post
*Trayah peacefully meditites for a minute or two, trying to feel the spirit of the place he’s in, before standing once again.*

“Ahh, that’s better, I feel myself once again. Now about this trial you continue to speak of, as unless it’s a war of words I can’t say that you’ve even hinted at what it is, unless it is about sacrifice. Though it doesn’t seem so, considering I’ve already said I’m willing to sacrifice myself for the good of the world, but perhaps you want something smaller, like my willingness to sacrifice myself for a single person. I am willing to do that too and have been from the start, though my concern is that if I do, my guardians will only survive this trial to perish out in the world against the darkness, without Arylyra’s aid.”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads