[VtR] [OOC] Born into Darkness

WarShrike

First Post
The claws are less of an issue for Biggs, but Skyler would have been in vampire heaven. Take your time working it in, i wouldn't wanna grow claws in public. :)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Put my dis. anywhere you want. I can roll with it. Heck, if you wanna put all 3 into Nightmare that would work. Actually.....anything but vigor. I'm not ready for that one yet.

Graf

Explorer
Generally speaking most of the one and two dot powers are useful but not awesome (OK Auspex ** is actually pretty remarkable; Archer hasn't started using it yet, but if you get a good dice pool you can pick up a lot of information).

Almost all of the disciplines start to get "significantly powerful" around ***. An ST needs to keep in mind what three dot powers are around when setting up a scene. By the time people get to ***** dots the whole campaign is impacted.

With Diego having Obfuscate feeds into the "thief" thing. I'll think if there are any more interesting story angles.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
I know I read a rule somewhere in the vampire creation section that states that newly created vampires must place at least one dot in any two of their clan disciplines. I think that is to prevent three dot focused neonates. I believe one can get more than three beginning dots but one has to spend freebie points to get it.

Also I was wondering if Cole and possibly Archer would have more than five blood points. My thought process is that they had permission to feed Princes’ herd so they could fill up their tanks. So to speak.

-Blood

doghead

thotd
Just finished reading through the IC thread. I hope that you don't mind. I really like the way the game is playing out - nice work by everyone. It was a good read. So I just thought I would drop in a say so.

doghead
aka thotd

industrygothica

Adventurer
doghead said:
Just finished reading through the IC thread. I hope that you don't mind. I really like the way the game is playing out - nice work by everyone. It was a good read. So I just thought I would drop in a say so.

doghead
aka thotd

Thank you... thank you very much. ;) I guess it's time to turn it up a bit now that we're playing for an audience, eh?

Festy_Dog

First Post
doghead said:

doghead
aka thotd

Many thanks, doghead. :)

If I remember correctly, dropping into the OOC thread for 'A Casual Game of D&D' to compliment the story was what got me invited into that game. ;)

We're down a couple of players, and you seem to like where the game is going, so perhaps Graf may be inclined to extend an invitation. Assuming though that he doesn't have enough on his plate within this game already.

Thoughts, Graf?

Graf

Explorer
Blood,

Thanks for picking that up!

WarShrike said:
I remember reading that too. So Protean **, Animalism * it is.
Got it.

WarShrike said:
And for the record, Protean ** kicks a$$. :)
Granted.
In a game like ours it has the potential to be pretty important.
In most games, where the vampires start off more established, it's more of a special effect (the Ventrue lives in a penthouse, the Nos lives in a sewer and the Gangrel can sleep in the park without being molested)

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Blood, you start with 3 disc dots. According to what I've read in the book (and it's written on the character sheets I believe) is that 2 dots must be from In-Clan disc. I haven't read anything about putting all 3 into one though. I think it's mostly to prevent people from saying "I'm a Ventrue, but have Nightmare, Dominate, and Protean."

Remove ads