D&D 5E Warduke, Kelek, Strongheart Miniatures!

The official miniatures sets from WizKids for The Wild Beyond the Witchlight include 'The League of Malevolence' set and the 'Valor's Call' set, and contain a whole bunch of characters from the 1980s D&D action toys set and the cartoon. The League of Malevolence set includes Warduke (the evil fighter) and Kelek (the evil wizard), as well as Skylla (Ringlerun's former apprentice), Zarak (the...

The official miniatures sets from WizKids for The Wild Beyond the Witchlight include 'The League of Malevolence' set and the 'Valor's Call' set, and contain a whole bunch of characters from the 1980s D&D action toys set and the cartoon.

The League of Malevolence set includes Warduke (the evil fighter) and Kelek (the evil wizard), as well as Skylla (Ringlerun's former apprentice), Zarak (the half orc assassin), and Zargash (the evil cleric).

The Valor's Call set includes Strongheart (the paladin). Ringlerun (the wizard, who was on the cover on 1983's AD&D Player's Handbook!), Molliver (the good thief), Elkhorn (dwarf fighter), and Mercion (the cleric).

malvolence.png

valor.jpeg

And here's Ringlerun, painted by Jeff Easley for the AD&D Player's Handbook back in 1983!

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.38.53 AM.png

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Damn it, I zeroed out my Reaper Bones Kickstarter order during the pandemic (I was going to get the new box of dungeon basics, which looks great). The Witchlight collector's box and harengon brigands is tempting as hell, though.
Gha. Now I looked too. The 3 hags are all amazing as well. Who doesn't want a hag named Skabetha? Or Bavlorna with her Mini-Bavs all over her. I have moved to must buy for Witchlight. Not necessarily the miniatures although the Starter sets are a sure thing. This looks to be an entertaining adventure.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Had no idea the '83 cover wizard had a name!
Yep. Was part of the toy line, and also was animated for commercials for said toy line.

As far as Venger, Erik, and the others, I imagine we aren't seeing them for the same reason we never saw them as toys back in the 80s--someone somewhere has exclusive licensing to them.

teitan

Legend
If these guys are in Witchlight sign me up! Sign me up anyway as it looks like a good adventure! Also, hoping this means those action figures that Wizkids is licensed for includes these bad boys ala Masters of the Universe Classics or Origins.

Remove ads

Remove ads