D&D 5E We are betting a LOT on the DMG.... will it deliver?

Will the 5e Dungeon Master's Guide deliver?

• It will exceed expectations.

Votes: 40 27.4%
  • It will meet expectations.

Votes: 66 45.2%
  • It will under perform, but will be adequate.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • It will completely fall short of our expectations / it will be terrible.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Henrix

Explorer
Compared to your long list it will certainly 'underperform'.

But I think it will be a good book. Judging from what else I've seen it will be a very good book.

And I think it'll have most of what I expect.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
I believe the following has been confirmed in DMG:
1. slower healing
2. lingering wounds
3. morale
4. magic item creation
5. monster creation
6. guidance on making rulings
7. magic items
8. random treasure tables
9. alternative skill system

If all of these things are actually in the DMG, my expectations will have been exceeded. And anything extra is just pure gravy. I'm really looking forward to spoilers for DMG now.

Pandamonium87

First Post
Magic Item Creation
Monster Creation
Wandering monster lists
Lingering wounds
World building
Involved combat rules
Variant rules for skills
Variant Proficiency (using dice)
Creating your own feats, and general balancing issues
Templates
Expanded races/race creation

I think we will see these things. Therefore it will underperform our expectations, but it'll be adequate.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I think it'll meet/exceed my personal expectations. I also think we'll have a "DMG: Ruined by Minor Detail" thread within 20 hours of launch.

Where's the poll option for, "I have no idea until I see it because I don't like to leap to conclusions"?

You need practice.

jump to conclusions.jpg

Thaumaturge.

Sailor Moon

Banned
Banned
I believe the DMG will fall short of my expectations. I also believe the DMG will try and cram as much as possible and end up with the information feeling short and rushed, not to mention still having to leave things out.

Greengaloup

First Post
Considering all the notes abour all the differents settings (greyhawk, dragonlance, forgotten realms etc.. ), I would make a leap saying that a fair amount of pages will be on those differents settings (dragonborn to dragonians as customisation example in races building etc..)

Also, may be a clearer example of WHEN aand HOW MUCh magic item you should give, considering the significantly lower AC usefull enough to be effective in combat and the general lower numbers, a +1 sword is sudently a usefull weapon again, even after the 4th level.

Remove ads