We got an official leak of One D&D OGL 1.1! Watch Our Discussion And Reactions!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Probably not many. Movies are an emotional thing to me and I realize it’s not to everyone. Though much of my family and friends wouldn’t see it on opening day if it weren’t for me.
Yeah, my five hear old is excited to see Black Dragons and Owlbears, which is a bigger factor than abstract considerations of Open Gaming.

As @Knorrrssk linked: TSR - The Full & Glorious History of NuTSR
Thought you had participated in that thread, sorry if my assumption was wrong.
I just don't see it as proving the point re: a commitment to being anti-racist. Maybe there's stuff I missed later. I think I only read the beginning of it and dropped in to laugh at a couple of things later on. This is a company that intentionally messed with WotC legally, which is pretty different, in my view, from a company which publishes something I'd regard as "blatantly racist" but which WotC decides is innocuous.

Oh that. I don't think that proves a commitment to being particularly anti-racist, more that "there is a limit", especially if you try and tweak WotC's nose by directly attacking them and attempting to thieve their copyrights! Further, I don't think it undermines the point re: LGBTQ+ stuff which is frequently attacked for being "sexualized" etc.
Sort of...
Where is the racists line or examples of such content where you feel WotC has not taken a stance (when they were legally allowed to) and should have?
Where have you seen WotC attack LGBTQ+ stuff disguised by claiming such content is too sexualized?

why would we boycott a movie about book publishing? more to the fact how would anyone SHOW that said boycott was infact people not going cause of the SRD/OGL and not cause it just didn't appeal to them?

I think people are underestimating how much of a culture is built around the OGL and how that is going to shape peoples reactions. Also the OGL itself is something that earned WOTC so much good will from gamers, even to this day. If that Gizmodo article is correct, and if it's more dire predictions are true, I don't think you'd even need a boycott, it might just sour people to seeing the movie. No idea how this will play out though.

Remove ads