• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon of the Gods?

toxicspirit

First Post
I have seen a few people mentioning the use of the Cleric's Weapon of the Gods Power in combination with an Archer/Ranger and his bow. Please correct me if I am wrong, but from my reading of the Power, it is limited to melee weapons only, and therefore would not work in this manner.

Player's Handbook pg. 65 said:
Daily Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Minor Action Melee touch
Target: One held weapon

Am I missing something?

toxicspirit

First Post
Fair enough. I've only really read the Martial Powers in any detail, and they seem to be quite specific when listing melee and ranged, so I figured that all Powers followed that same logic. :)

Zurai

First Post
Norhg said:
Melee Touch Target: Held Weapon

You need to touch the weapon you want to use the prayer on.
This. The range doesn't tell you anything about what kind of weapon it's used on. It just tells you how close the target has to be. The target line is what tells you what it can target; in this case, any weapon. Including your fists or a chair, if you so desired.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Melee Touch Target: Held Weapon

You need to touch the weapon you want to use the prayer on.

I was assuming, until I read this thread, that Held Weapon meant Held by the caster. Could it be held by another character instead?

This could be an important distinction if it's used in combat to power up another character's weapon. If the caster actually has to hold it, then actions will be consumed by transferring it from the owner to the caster and then back again.

It's fun to jump start stale threads!

James McMurray

First Post
It depends on your level of rules lawyering. If all you care about is literal interpretation, the weapon could be held by anyone or anything. If you want to follow the rules as the designers intended them, the flavor text ("Your weapon glows with divine radiance, enhancing your attacks") seems pretty clear.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads