"Weenie List" of Ubiquitous & Popular Magic Items

coyote6

Adventurer
Azlan said:
Consider the following: You have a fighter 8th with Str 18. [...] Give him Gauntlets of Ogre Power, and now he has a Str 22

Gauntlets of ogre power give +2 Str, not +4.

If they did give +4 Str, they'd cost 16,000 gp.

James McMurray

First Post
I have no problem with items being removed from a Haversack being a free action, if they up the price. If they leave the price as is, then they are obviously much more powerful than a glove of storing, which is a more expensive item.

Azlan

First Post
Jeremy said:
Except that the errata specifically states that it's a free action.

Yes, yes -- we already know that.

Pesky WotC employees. They are all powergaming weenies.

To be sure, they had a target audience in mind when they first rolled out 3E D&D, with the "PowerPlay" column in Dragon Magazine to showcase how "cool" and how "sweet" 3E D&D was designed to be. :rolleyes:

With WotC, I believe it's more about money-making than it is about what they personally enjoy in an RPG. (That is, if they even play RPGs for fun, e.g. ttp://www.montecook.com/anrant.html)

Always bear in mind: This is the same company who puts out Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon, and now Harry Potter the CCG.

Feh.

Last edited:

Limper

First Post
I personally feel the +1 dagger is the most twinked out over-powered item in the game. When I run I never let my players have one its just to much of a game-breaker.

+1 daggers are broken.

Azlan

First Post
JLXC said:
I Third that. EXCUSE us for trying to survive by using Good Magic Items instead of crappy ones.

You're excused. After all, you are a player, and most of you are unable to see (if not downright uncaring about) the Big Picture. ;)

Last edited:

Azlan

First Post
hong said:

Dear Azlan:

Get over it.

Dear Hong:

Go throw you self-serving monkeywrenches elsewhere, you trolling, warlording, kibology-ranting, numbers-crunching, chaotic (evil? neutral? who cares!?) mischief-maker.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Azlan said:

Go throw you self-serving monkeywrenches elsewhere, you trolling, warlording, kybology-ranting, numbers-crunching mischief-maker.

Ah, someone who's taken the time to research my online history. How gratifying, even if you misspelled "kibology".

Everything you've posted has been said six million times before, by people twice as erudite, educated and entertaining as you. They were just as wrong as you, of course, but at least they were good to read. You, by contrast, are incredibly boring.

Go away.

Remove ads