• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Werewolf: The Forsaken Interest Thread

Graf

Explorer
Back and keen to play!

I like how the group is coming together… I think we’re likely to be a profoundly quirky bunch to start off with.

Once question about Piotre
How did he get into the States? All things being equal it’s almost impossible to get a green card right now; and if you haven’t got a green card you need to be working to have a visa (no switching employers and if you lose your job you’re supposed to leave the country).

Since the character concept is cool, and the game is not Immigration: The Hassle, it would be best to handwave it somehow. Two (random) suggestions:
1. Piotre has some sort of weird grandfather (friend of Max’s?) with a lot of clout and a strange obsession with getting distant relatives from the “old country” into Colorado.
2. Piotre won the “green card lottery” (the US government apparently runs a lottery each year that allows people to “win” a green card). I knew someone from Slovakia once who’d done this; there are no real requirements, you just apply at the US embassy.

Actually that does raise an interesting question: what time period are we playing? I assume it’s “early in the 2000s” or “right now” but I figured I’d check.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hmm, the thought never even crossed my mind. Not exactly the first thing I think of when creating a character.

I guess a relative would be the easiest piece of reasoning to use. The odds seem too stacked against him for the lottery thing.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...thinking of a rookie police officer concept here. Would that work? Maybe private security, or something... Hmm...

I shall try to get something more concrete up tonight.

Shalimar

First Post
Shayuri said:
Hmm...thinking of a rookie police officer concept here. Would that work? Maybe private security, or something... Hmm...

I shall try to get something more concrete up tonight.

Sounds cool to me, so far the pack is shaping up to be old guys and a teen it sounds like your concept might bridge that age divide a bit.

Shalimar

First Post
Mimic said:
I don't have the books unfortunately, although I would still like to play. If it is going to be a problem then I will bow out.

First change story sounds good to me.

I'll give whatever help I can if you want to play

Graf

Explorer
Festy_Dog said:
Hmm, the thought never even crossed my mind. Not exactly the first thing I think of when creating a character.

I guess a relative would be the easiest piece of reasoning to use. The odds seem too stacked against him for the lottery thing.
Yeah. It's the opposite of "interesting story material".
Grappling with the authorities and struggling to get a visa has figured promintly in the life of litterally everyone I know who tried to immigrate to the states (at least in the last 10 years or so); so I thought I'd mention it.

Shalimar said:
Sounds cool to me, so far the pack is shaping up to be old guys and a teen it sounds like your concept might bridge that age divide a bit.
For the record I see Camera as being in his mid-to-early 20s. He was in college but never graduated.

I should also mention that, while I am fairly attached to my character concept, I can be flexible if Toki (or others) think we need to be a more cohesive bunch of characters.
I posted mostly because I was worried that if I lost internet connectivity I'd hold up the game (and the character came together surprisingly quickly, which helped).

Shayuri

First Post
Grumble grumble. Sorry for delay. Here's the raw crunchability for my Rahu-ish were-to-be. A nice Jewish-Italian gal with a yen for avenging wrongs who graduates college with a degree in criminal justice and joins the city police force against the wishes of her rich businessman father. She's still a rookie at game start, since I dunno how easy it'll be to mix a mudnane career with "turning occasionally into a huge ravenous monster." :)

[sblock]Name: Ariella "Ari" Rosetti
Virtue: Justice
Vice: Wrath
Exp: 0

Defense 3
Health 7
Initiative 5
Morality 7
Size 5
Willpower 4
Speed: 11

Attributes: 5/4/3