• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E We've had dragons, elementals, and demons - so what iconic evil is next?

Mephista

Adventurer
They probably will go with a Far Realm thing. Its been at least a partial connection since the Far Realm debut in 2e, as far as I'm aware. It was a bit stronger in 4e than ever before, though the Star Pact was more radiant/cleric-like than psychic.

Personally, I'm hoping for a set of psionic Paladin, Monk, and Sorcerer subclasses as well. The main reason I'm calling the GOO warlock a psionic path, though, is because I think I've seen tweets that talk about it that way.

I personally find it kind of amusing that we've got tieflings that resonate with Fiend warlocks, Drow to the Fey Warlock, and grey dwarves to the GOO warlock. If only we had a patron for the deep gnomes and an evil halfling race!

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They probably will go with a Far Realm thing. Its been at least a partial connection since the Far Realm debut in 2e, as far as I'm aware. It was a bit stronger in 4e than ever before, though the Star Pact was more radiant/cleric-like than psychic.

Personally, I'm hoping for a set of psionic Paladin, Monk, and Sorcerer subclasses as well. The main reason I'm calling the GOO warlock a psionic path, though, is because I think I've seen tweets that talk about it that way.

I personally find it kind of amusing that we've got tieflings that resonate with Fiend warlocks, Drow to the Fey Warlock, and grey dwarves to the GOO warlock. If only we had a patron for the deep gnomes and an evil halfling race!

It'll be interesting to see if they go nee class, set of subclasses or both. I'd like both.

Kender, and Earth elemental pact...?

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
In my campaigns I never assume anything, especially not winning - survival is a reward on it's own. There's a chance of failure and I don't create goals for my players - it's their job to find one for themselves. I find it far more satisfying to reach your own goals than one that was written by someone else for you. Of course this needs players who have some ideas about what they want to achieve with their character, and aren't just here for another fantasy theme park ride about saving the world.

My characters always assume they will win. Adventuring is too dangerous to be wishy washy about success.

Remove ads