• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What actually occured between TSR and Role Aids?

Rothe

First Post
Ourph said:
It's not even that. The court case was a case over contract violations, not trademark. The contract concerned the use of trademarks, but the points of contention were all concerning whether Mayfair was violating the contract they agreed to, not whether they had the right to indicate compatibility with AD&D in the first place.

IIRC,in dicta the judge actually indicated that he thought indication of compatability/suitable for use with was probably OK, but that was not the issue before him. It was the terms of the agreemnt.

Valiant

First Post
;) Does anyone know how many modules Role Aids published, or perhaps have a complete listing of their works? Thanks in advance.

PS I'm also curious, was their a transition in style and presentation that mirrored the transition that took place at TSR (in otherwords, did Role Aids modules go from cool to sucktorama at the same time early 1E transitioned into late 1E and then into 2E) or did Role Aid's modules continue to be 1Eish.

Flynn

First Post
Valiant said:
;) Does anyone know how many modules Role Aids published, or perhaps have a complete listing of their works? Thanks in advance.

PS I'm also curious, was their a transition in style and presentation that mirrored the transition that took place at TSR (in otherwords, did Role Aids modules go from cool to sucktorama at the same time early 1E transitioned into late 1E and then into 2E) or did Role Aid's modules continue to be 1Eish.

Role Aids products had definite 2nd Edition elements in them. Demons II and Sentinels, for example, spoke of Major and Minor Spheres for Priest characters, as well as Non-Weapon Proficiencies. If I recall, there were other elements as well.

With Regards,
Flynn

darjr

I crit!
[MENTION=697]mearls[/MENTION] and Chris Lindsay would WotC ever put the Role Aids line of classic D&D supplements on the DMsGuild?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads