WotC What anime franchises could be adapted into D&D?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Reading Berserk now, it pretty much works.

I'll say though, what is the likelihood of any of these crossovers? Seems pretty small to me; the likeliest I can see is perhaps Castlevania (the Netflix show but also the games) because WotC actually seems to only want to crossover with properties that are very popular in the Western audience. Rick and Morty and Stranger Things are both extremely American-audience focused, and I believe any crossovers will likely remain there.

That said, WotC has done crossovers before; Warhammer (that one is extremely old in the days of their shared magazine), Diablo, World of Warcraft. I'd personally like to see something like Zelda, but that's just me.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
That said, WotC has done crossovers before; Warhammer (that one is extremely old in the days of their shared magazine), Diabo, World of Warcraft.

Don't forget the old StarCraft boxed set.

al2-starcraft.jpg

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Crazy idea: I kinda-sorta want to run an rpg Isekai as an actual rpg, where not only the pc's but most of the npcs are fully aware of the fact that they're in a game that runs on the rules of Dungeons and Dragons.

Maybe tack in some mmorpg tropes while I'm at it.

I've had this same thought, too, since I first watched Log Horizon. I've never done anything with the idea, though.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Record of Lodoss War

Insert obligatory post about how Lodoss-tou Senki started as an actual D&D (BECMI) game that was serialized in a magazine as a sort of a "hey check out this new thing" to their readers. And how it became really popular and turned into a light novel series. After which, the creators wanted to release it as a licenced D&D setting in Japan (and TSR, being stupid, declined) so they instead created their own system for it. And then there's that whole anime.... And, well, that story's been done to death. 😅

Remove ads