D&D 5E What class do you think you want to play but never actually play?

S

Sunseeker

Monk.

I always want to play a Monk, and I do sometimes...and I never enjoy it. Regardless of edition.

EugeneFurtado

First Post
I have always wanted to play a paladin. I've played so many characters, but my go to are always rogues, spell casters, or ranger style characters. I don't know if I could play a paladin though, I love mobility over heavy armor. The one time I played a fighter he was a dual wielding light armor wearing fighter. So, that's the issue. :) Maybe one day I will.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
You're not a fantasy monk, though. A fantasy monk, as I perceive them, should be able to punch through a brick wall with a straight punch. Monks should have super strength, as a result of their special training, which lets them hit harder with their fist than an ogre does with a greatclub.

I've toyed with adding a new ki power to the monk class - spend a ki point to either increase your Dex to equal your Str, or increase your Str to equal your Dex for either 1 round or 1 minute (not sure which is more balanced). To show them enhancing their body with their ki. Never got around to playtesting it though.

Uchawi

First Post
Fighter. No matter how much I geek up about playing a classic, the class is much better when diluted with a multiclass to provide some choices.

azathosk

Explorer
I thought fighter was just a boring class, but then I made this non-fighter-fighter dwarf. He is a guy that won't head into the fight, but lets other do the first punches. He's also a battlemaster, but uses the fighting styles as he would use a hammer in the forge.

The classes that I've never touched is druid and bard. I would love to play them sometime, but nope...

EugeneFurtado

First Post
I had a Yordle Bard (GM allowed me to be a Yordle) who was cute, super charismatic and for some reason scored a critical hit using his rapier about half the time, it was crazy. I had played bards before in 2nd edition as well. I have only ever played a druid once in 2nd edition. I prefer to play a Ranger or Hunter over a Druid.

I've toyed with adding a new ki power to the monk class - spend a ki point to either increase your Dex to equal your Str, or increase your Str to equal your Dex for either 1 round or 1 minute (not sure which is more balanced). To show them enhancing their body with their ki. Never got around to playtesting it though.
In the language of 5E, this would be represented through the Enhance Ability spell. You could just give them that, self-only, by spending 2 ki.

Remove ads