What do you eat for a typical breakfast?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Discovered banana-flavored Pop-Tarts exist. Not 'banana creme' so not as sweet nor drenched in frosting. Pretty good to go down dry.
Banana? I’ve never seen those!

As a kid, my favorite grocery store breakfast pastries were:

Pop Tarts: Frosted Strawberry, Frosted Blueberry, Frosted Cherry and Frosted Cinnamon

Danish Go-Rounds: Frosted Strawberry or Frosted Blueberry

Breakfast Squares: Chocolate, Cinnamon and Butter Pecan

Only Pop Tarts survived the 1970s- a real shame- and over time, I got pickier about my flavors. These days, if/when I buy them, it’s always either the Frosted Strawberry or Frosted Blueberry.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
In the last five years, if having breakfast at home, I ate the exact same thing. Bowl of old-fashioned oatmeal with some added nuts, seeds and frozen fruit. With a cup of coffew.

Zardnaar

Legend
YES!*

* See also lunch and snacks.

I thought they were designed for after the apocalypse to feed the cockroaches.

My mother made me eat weet Bix for 15 odd years for breakfast. Never had one.

Google pop tarts NZ apparently you can get them here. But on the same page.

I eat oatmeal (just oats and water) with frozen blueberries or dried apricots. I have also experimented with groats (which are just uncut oats, so the same stuff, but the shape/consistency is more like rice or orzo) and occasionally mix it up with banana or almonds and raisins.

Lunch is usually a dish made of wild rice, mixed beans and legumes (such as 16 bean soup packs), spinach, and other veggies to taste, baked in dutch oven with stock and spices and then a roux and poached eggs added at the end.

All of this is so I can not make my longevity-genes-gifted wife an early widow, while at the same time getting to have steak or ice cream or whatever in the evening. That said, both breakfast and lunch are actually pretty good, once you acquire the taste.

Zardnaar

Legend
To be fair, a lot of American breakfast food is essentially dessert:

Muffins, pancakes, waffles, French Toast, cereal, Pop Tarts...

I'm shocked that I could focus at school after consuming so much sugar in the mornings as a kid.

That stuff here is treats.

Got bored and added things up. Two pop tarts have about 5 or 6 times the amount of Suger than what I eat. And I thought mine was high in Suger- 60 grams over two weeks.

Remove ads