What do you eat for a typical breakfast?

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Okay, this is pretty far afield from Geek Talk, but I just find it endlessly fascinating how people eat around the world.

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

On Weekdays, I tend to have a slice of sourdough toast (woo San Francisco, home of the sourdough!) with extra-chunky peanut butter, and a cup (or two) of coffee.

On Weekends, I sometimes make fried eggs with toast and avocado (woo California!), and I pair that with one to three cups of coffee (I love coffee).

What is your typical breakfast?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Karelian Pies (a traditional finnish savory pastry, it’s a small rye crust filled with rice porridge), fried eggs and lemon juice is my usual breakfast.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I cook breakfast for my wife regularly (and sometimes the kids, but they are picky and we like good food). I make sunny-side up egg on toast, frittatas with broccoli, red pepper, ham, & garlic (and cheese, of course. I put cheese in nearly everything I make), or scrambled eggs with cheese and basil.

When I'm not making eggs, I make a chicken salad (chunks of boneless chicken breast or thigh with chunks of apple, carrot, cucumber, tomato, and cheese topped with yogurt and blueberries) or what I call "potato mush" (actually yam mashed with cinnamon, almond butter, cream, and maple syrup, mixed with chia seeds and topped with yogurt, blueberries, and walnuts).

Sometimes on weekends I'll make waffles. The kids will eat those without complaint!

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
My go to when possible is a jalapeno bagel with egg, pepper jack cheese, and either sausage or bacon. Sometimes a plain bagel with butter and cinnamon And a side of fruit to change things up. If I'm cooking at home then either an omelette or french toast.

Last edited:

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Coffee. Black 20 ounces.

either English muffin with cheese and morning star vegetarian sausage or some kind of sweet breakfast cookie thing and a banana.

savory or sweet…about 300 calories either way

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Scrambled eggs with some cream cheese mixed in, sausage, and an apple on rest days.
Granola, nonfat vanilla greek yogurt, and blueberries mixed in a bowl after fasted cardio on most other days.

Usually around 600-700 calories.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I very rarely eat breakfast, but if I do it tends to be a quick poached egg on a slice of toast.

MarkB

Legend
Like Morrus I often don't bother, but if I do it'll be a bowl of cereal, usually honey-nut clusters. Milk in a separate mug to sip after taking a spoonful, because I hate soggy cereal.

Arnie_Wan_Kenobi

Aspiring Trickster Mentor
Karelian Pies (a traditional finnish savory pastry, it’s a small rye crust filled with rice porridge),
That sounds AMAZING; something I'll be looking up. (I'm in the States, so not something I'm familiar with, but I am curious!).

Typically, breakfast burrito: scrambled or fried egg, sausage or bacon, some cheese, and veggies. When I make them in advance, I'll prep a dozen and freeze and microwave. Or "Greek" yogurt and granola or cereal.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases