What do you eat for a typical breakfast?

Richards

Legend
On weekdays, I bring two granola bars with me to work - one is always oats & honey and the other rotates between chocolate chip, peanut butter chip, and banana. I eat those around 8:00, and then since that seldom fills me up until lunch I eat a hobbit second breakfast around 9:30 or 10:00, which is usually a sweet roll or something similar. (I just discovered cinnamon glazed Baby Bundt cakes by Hostess - so good!)

On weekends, my wife like Burger King's croissanwiches so I usually buy those for her, but I generally make do with two pieces of white toast with grape jelly. I sometimes supplement that with a banana.

Johnathan

Ryujin

Legend
I never used to eat breakfast but, since being diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic (sucks to get old), I've started on whole grain cereal with milk and some sort of home dried fruit (usually apples), with a small cup of no sugar added yogurt. On weekends I'll sometimes switch it up with a toasted whole grain muffin with cheese, an egg, and sliced meat like Montreal Smoked Meat, and a glass of milk.

A more traditional 'breakfast' of scrambled eggs, bacon, and brown beans is more of something that I would make for dinner.

LoganRan

Explorer
Kashi Go Lean cereal, seed nuts (usually almonds or cashews) and fruit (usually dried apricots or dried cherries).

Plenty of fiber, plenty of protein and tastes pretty darn good.

Retreater

Legend
Coffee. We don't keep food in the house except for what is specifically for planned meals. And since my wife and I have different morning schedules, we do not plan breakfast.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Weekdays:
A year ago, probably some fruit I pick up on my way into the office.
This year, a bowl of cereal, or a toasted English muffin (butter and cheese, or peanut butter on it).
Next year... as we go back to office my workplace may be offering breakfast as a perk. We'll see what that entails.

Weekends:
Much depends on what we are doing. Either my wife bakes, or I put together some egg sandwiches.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
On Weekdays, I tend to have a slice of sourdough toast (woo San Francisco, home of the sourdough!) with extra-chunky peanut butter, and a cup (or two) of coffee.
My wife and I love that sourdough place down near Pier 39, with the animal shaped breads. We go there whenever we visit.

On topic, I don't eat breakfast on most days, but when I do it's a bowl of cinnamon life cereal.

Aging Bard

Canaith
I hate wasting food, so I often eat leftovers for breakfast. I cook breakfast when my wife wants a nice breakfast, and then there are lots of possibilities: British-style "fry-up", huevos rancheros, breakfast sandwiches or burritos, buttermilk pancakes or waffles, and berry buckles.

Grantypants

Explorer
If I'm in a hurry, cereal and milk or granola and vanilla yogurt. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll make some oatmeal with honey, cinnamon, and orange zest. Or on special occasions, some homemade buttermilk biscuits with fried eggs and bacon.

Remove ads