ZEITGEIST What Earth year is Zeitgeist in?

Crispy120286

Explorer
This is more of a theoretical question. If Zeitgeist was on Earth, What year or time period would it be in? im asking this purely in a technological point. There is reason to believe there are Typewriters (invented in 1868). But because of the existance of magic, electricity isnt widely used (if at all), so no radios (1860's) but instead magical communication. Skyseers should all have telescopes of some kind (Galileo inventented this in 1609). The biggest reason I believe Zeitgeist would probably be in the 1800's are Steamships which were put to sea in the 1820's. Early to mid 1800's make sense. Campaign guide specifically mentions there are no automobiles or electric streetlights (Which were put into use in 1878).

What technology do you have present in your game or do you think should be present? Whats your take on the Timeline?

I've been playing a bit of Order 1886 and all I can think of is how cool some of the things in there would be in Zeitgeist.

Danor and Drakr have technology about on par with the 1850s. Risur is maybe 100 years behind if you're outside of the narrow corridor of Flint-to-Bole.

I was kind of going for a pre-Crimean War tech level. Around the time I started work on ZEITGEIST, a friend got me to read Believing is Seeing, which talked about (among other things) some fascinating photos of that war. It was basically the first war ever photographed, and it struck me as a nice transition from an old way of seeing the world to a new one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases