• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Free RPG Day swag did you get?

Lorthanoth

Explorer
I was the first person there and got:

the mini
the tile
Talon Pass
Tunnels and Trolls
Iron Heroes
Castlemourn
Punjar
castles and crusades quickstart
Revenge of the Kobold King
HarnWorld
Traveller
Cthulu Live

Basically the guys said "Yeah, you can take one of everything, go for it!" They didn't even know they were taking part until yesterday... Travelling Man in York BTW.

catsclaw227

First Post
- the kit by WotC - module, tile, and mini
- Song of Ice and Fire
- Revenge of the Kobold King
- the Dungeon Crawl Classic

This is what I got, except the WOTC module wasn't around. I wonder if they were all gone or if they just weren't put out.

I also played in a WWGD adventure as well. The one with the statues that kicked me while I was down... dead Cleric of Pelor...

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I got the
- WotC mini, but no module
- Punjar: The Tarnished Jewel
- Traveller

And while I was there I also picked up:
- DCC 49
- DCC 51 - Castle Whiterock ($100 adventure path that takes characters from level 1 to 15)

When I get back to D&D (kind of) I will probably run DCC 51 using the Pathfinder Beta rulebook.

s.j. bagley

First Post
wotc module, tile, and mini (but they weren't packaged or presented as a kit)
traveller introductary bookley
heirs to olympia intro
tunnels and trolls
harnworld
castles and crusades (two different booklets, one a leftover from last year)
warhammer fantasy roleplay (a leftover from last year)
starsiege
a song of fire and ice
hunter: the vigil
temple of blood module (leftover from last year)
dungeon crawl classics
revenge of the kobold king
and a free ship for the pirates game

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
blargney the second said:
I raided a couple of stores and looted:
- the kit by WotC - module, tile, and mini
- Song of Ice and Fire
- the Dungeon Crawl Classic

What booty did you snag?
-blarg

Exactly what you got, except we got two minis and two sets of tiles, from different stores. Four stores here participating and we visited 3. Two stores were busy, one was predictably dead, but the tiles and minis seemed to be in the most demand. One store was out of tiles, one store was out of minis, all three still had every adventure.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I went back to the store today and actually played through the introductory Song of Ice & Fire module - it was really fun! I love the social combat rules.

I also found the store's stash of Dungeon and Dragon magazines that were on sale for $1 a pop. I walked away with 14 mags and they had a lot more free shelf space. :)

bento

Explorer
I picked up the Pathfinder adventure and the DCC, which I was happy to see was a city setting and edition-free. I also snagged the mini and the tile.

As for purchases, lots of $1 DDMs, some Reaper minis for my on-going game, and a card box for my DDM cards (which can no longer be contained in just two boxes). Tried as I might, I couldn't find anything else I really wanted to spend money on at the toy, er I mean game store. :D

Then I went to Target and bought a plastic five-drawer organizer for all my miniature crap! That was the best purchase of the day. :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads