• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Free RPG Day swag did you get?

davethegame

Explorer
First store said they "never received their pack."

Second store, half an hour after opening, was already out of the dungeon tile and mini. So I grabbed the 4e adventure and Trail of Cthulhu adventure.

Decided not to hit the third store in Maryland :)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
The store I went to did things much differently this year. Instead of getting your pick of one item out of all of the offerings, or getting a gift bag containing one of each item free with a $20 store purchase, they had it set up as a lottery of sorts.

If you played a "demo" game, you got to pick any one item you wanted out of the pile. If you didn't play a game, you rolled a twenty-sider and got the swag on a list. Gary Gygax would have wanted it that way.

So I played a demo of:

- A Song of Ice and Fire
- Pathfinder
- Castles and Crusades

And I chose the following swag:

- Castles and Crusades quick-start rules and module
- Pathfinder's "Revenge of the Kobold King" module
- a set of dice (store overstock, not the "official" dice of FRPGDay)
- a new paladin mini (store overstock, not the "official" WotC mini)

So, sorry Thundershot. I didn't get enough swag to send to you. But honest, I really tried.

EDIT: Wow, I was tired when I posted that. I should really proofread more.

Last edited:

KingCrab

First Post
Did any websites offer free PDF versions of their swag? I see it looks like Paizo will put their module up for free soon. Anything else free and good online?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Soel said:
Anybody willing to give some details on the Goodman book, Punjar?
It's a 16pg systemless city description with a color map on the inside front cover. There's about a page on how to use the booklet, page and a half overview of the city and its government, and most of the rest is description of the various city wards and important sites. About the last 2 pages gives 3 short adventure descriptions. Anything else you want to know?

S. Baldrick

Explorer
Between two FLGSs in my area, I managed to pickup the following:

Traveller Book 0
C&C Quickstart 2008
StarSIEGE Quickstart
Tunnels & Trolls - Take the Money
A Song of Ice and Fire - Quick Start Rules
PathFinder - The Revenge of the Kobold King,
Dungeons & Dragons - The Treasure of Talon Pass
Hunter: The Vigil
2 Minis (One lurking shadow and one cleric of Pelor.)
1 set of Dungeon Tiles.
All in all, a good haul.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
I didn't even see any minis, tiles, or dice. It wouldn't surprise me if they just never made it out with the other Free RPG day stuff

The store limited people to just three items. I grabbed the DCC book, Piazo book, and WotC book. Everything else looked liked quickstarts that they had and I'll just end up getting the books of those. :D

Xer0

First Post
davethegame said:
First store said they "never received their pack."

Second store, half an hour after opening, was already out of the dungeon tile and mini. So I grabbed the 4e adventure and Trail of Cthulhu adventure.

Decided not to hit the third store in Maryland :)
Dave, I'd love to know which stores you hit in Maryland....

Where did you end up going?

morbiczer

First Post
KingCrab said:
Did any websites offer free PDF versions of their swag? I see it looks like Paizo will put their module up for free soon. Anything else free and good online?

The Song of Ice and Fire RPG Quick start rules will be available as a free PDF. Apparently earlier some one from GR said that it will be up for download a week or two after Free RPG Day.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads