Dragonlance What Happened To The New DRAGONLANCE Trilogy?

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I would imagine the delay is Del Rey/ Penguin not giving a firm release date to the first novel. Amazon had a placeholder of Jul 29th, 2021. Shipping is fouled up the world over so even a little hiccup would cascade. Until there is a firm release date from Penguin we won't know. I have seen no further mention of the book since late January when the legal case was dismissed. To complicate information searches, the original AD&D module Dragons of Deceit was released on September 1st, 1985.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Considering they just made a big deal out of how novels aren't canon anymore, I doubt they plan on tying any new Dragonlance release to the novels at this point. (Might have been the plan in the past, admittedly; but I doubt it now.)

Not so much of a tie in just 2 products that synergize. Buy the new DL adventure for 5E and while you at it get the new novel as well!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
There may not be much more to the story. Overseas shipping is a very expensive mess right now - if they were printing in China... that's probably sufficient to explain delays. Any and all printing is probably backed up to the navel of the world.
Fortunately, the RPG books are printed in the US, so that's not been a problem for the game itself.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Fortunately, the RPG books are printed in the US, so that's not been a problem for the game itself.

Well, there is no "game itself" for these novels. They are novels separate from D&D, and there's no game forthcoming for the novels that I know of.

That said, I suspect the size of the customer/orders is what's keeping D&D books in supply. I hear smaller domestic printing projects are getting delayed as well, as the shipping issue has caused many to seek domestic printing options, and printers are reaching capacity.

If the books are printed in China then we shouldn't be surprised with possible delays. A lot of things not linked with the entertaiment industry are happening.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases