D&D General What is the last OGL adventure you DM'd or played in?

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
How was your Isle of Dread campaign? I'm gearing up to get my kids playing and while I don't plan to open with IoD, that is what I want to run after they have a little experience.

I really enjoyed running it! Like the rest of the OAR stuff, it's a huge expansion on the original module. We followed the Rakasta quest line, which ends tragically. Even though we spent about 6 months playing it, I felt like I barely scratched the surface

I really would like to return to it someday. Maybe using the DCC system instead of 5e. Nothing against 5e, but I just started using DCC and am curious to see what I can do with it. Regardless of system, I highly recommend.

I really enjoyed running it! Like the rest of the OAR stuff, it's a huge expansion on the original module. We followed the Rakasta quest line, which ends tragically. Even though we spent about 6 months playing it, I felt like I barely scratched the surface

I really would like to return to it someday. Maybe using the DCC system instead of 5e. Nothing against 5e, but I just started using DCC and am curious to see what I can do with it. Regardless of system, I highly recommend.
Cool, great to hear! And yes, the OAR products are fantastic. I've not run any yet but I own all but Castle Amber and am anxiously awaiting The Dark Tower when it is released.

DCC is interesting. I playtested it a few times back in the day, (Harley Stroh is an AMAZING DM as one would expect) and if I have one issue with it, the magic system is a little too swingy. Pre-covid, a buddy ran a large group of us through one of the Against the Giant modules, G-2 if I recall, maybe G-3, but he ran it with the DCC rules. Halfway through the module, one of our mages cast Sleep and rolled so high, it put everything to sleep on multiple levels which made things a bit anti-climactic.

Overall I think Goodman Games makes outstanding products, and their DCC "0-level funnels" are a blast, it is just that the mercurial magic is exactly that.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So dragon-ice-war world?
Exactly so! We just recently encountered a white half-dragon destrachan on our way to slay the enemy leader, and were having quite a bit of trouble before my character thought to slather a banshee ballerina firework with alchemical glue and quite literally stick it to him. After that, he was easy pickings!

Who says non-magical gear is useless by the time you hit the double-digit levels? :D

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
I don't use a whole lot of published adventures, so it was probably either Of Sound Mind by Kevin Kulp, Hellspike Prison by Matthew Sernett, or Fields of Ruin by Richard Pett, all from back in the 3.0/3.5 days.

Johnathan

I’m a player in a Storm King’s Thunder campaign, but the DM routinely uses side quests or random encounters with a lot of Kobold Press monsters. I believe they’re prewritten mini adventures but I’m not sure what Kobold Press product they come from.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases