• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What item(s), magical or not, do you get for every single one of your PCs and why?

was

Adventurer
I always carry 2 or 3 oil flasks. They've come in very handy, especially when the wizard cast flaming sphere.

shadowlight

First Post
Gez said:
The Ioun Flame: Just a dull gray ioun stones (those do not exist anymore in 3.5, sob) with continual flame cast on it. Hand-free torch.

This is an awesome idea! I'm going to have to play with continual flame more... maybe I'll put one on my psion's psicrystal :)

Also, I always like to get a Handy Haversack... they're just so cool!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Fishing net - um for fishing:) and for entangling tiny enemies

Grappling hook and rope (climbing), tripping

Tanglefoot bags - entangling enemies

Alchemist fire - to unleash my inner arsonist

Potion CLW

then pack, great cloak, lantern, torch etc

Sejs

First Post
Clothes
Spare Clothes
Bag of Holding
Campin' Supplies
A Gez Stone (continual flame-ed dull grey ioun stone)
A Weapon
A Backup Weapon
Food and Drink
Writing Supplies and Parchment
A Knife
A Hatchet

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
My choices

Hammer and Nails: Can prove to be oddly useful in situations where you want to create a level of inconvenience for someone.

Prybar: Bonuses to things like open door checks, forcing locks, etc.

Shovel: There are many problems that can be dealt with using a shovel.

END COMMUNICATION

Thanee

First Post
I use basically the same stuff most of the time. Clothing (usually Explorer's and/or Traveler's), Backpack, Bedroll, Winter Blanket, Scroll Case, Belt Pouch, Waterskin, and so on.

As for magical equipment, besides the all important Cloak of Resistance, I almost always buy a Heward's Handy Haversack. That's just such a must-have. :D

Bye
Thanee

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
We've done the continual light (now flame) light source since 1e days, although I've always felt that was sorta "cheating". A 1st level spell that lasts forever and ever still doesn't "feel" right to me.

Remove ads