D&D 5E What kinds of design space is there in alignments?

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Wayne Family Adventures Webtoons?

Toe please. ~makes grabby motion~
going to need proof or a link first?
I think that if alignment has any chance to actually survive in the future it needs to become additive rather than restrictive, providing routes to exclusive options rather than limiting the standard ones.
that does sound a wise idea but how would it work in practice?

Base on what I seen on race and lineage, the only change I see for 2024 in the alignement section is a little tag in the top. Variant.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
that does sound a wise idea but how would it work in practice?
Well repeating what I mentioned in my previous post to start: alignment based events and encounters or gaining boons relevant to the alignment
Alignment based encounter and event tables are something I really like as an idea, if you have certain alignments in your party or have been a big nuisance to aligned entities then you’ll be finding your enemies sending their forces to mess with you, or the side that likes you might drop a little something nice your way.

I also think it would be nice if alignment got you something, just out of the gate for being that alignment, a specific spell or feat or resistance or proficiency or a familiar option or something:
you are Chaotic, you can pick [appropriate number] of the following features:
You can cast charm person PB/LR times,
You are proficient with hand crossbows,
Add PBd4 damage whenever you deal psychic damage,
You have resistance to lightning damage
Ect, ect, ect...’

Staying loyal to an alignment would gain you more boons, if you swapped maybe loose one temporarily and have to repick the others from your new alignment’s options, if you were repeatedly changing alignment it’d cause you to loose all your boons.
but also maybe prestige classes like ‘paragon/bane of X’ or ‘herald of [extraplanar alignment being]’, magic or items that change their effects depending on who uses/who they’re used on rather than ‘only being able to be used by’,

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
More than happy to.

The comic is all about the Bat Family as a family of people rather than a pantheon of Bat-Gods.
a) this looks like my sister's side of the internet.
b) is it official as I am seeing a lack of a dc logo on it, who was the them in question?
c) assuming the above is yes how do you want the toe shipped as flesh through the mail is difficult on a good day?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases