What Licensed RPG Do You Wish Existed But Doesn't?

The world of Mordant as seen in Stephen R. Donaldson's The Mirror of Her Dreams and A Man Rides Through. In this setting you have group of Conjuration Wizards known as Imagers who use mirrors to summon people, monsters, and objects from other worlds, just by seeing their image in one of their mirrors.

Teo Twawki

Coffee ruminator
Uh... huh. ... Buckaroo is the sort of omnicompetent hero you wouldn't want anywhere near your PCs, that's for sure!
In Conan-branded games, is having Conan in the game a problem? Only if they fight him. In Stormbringer, is Elric an issue for the PCs to be around? Well, yes and no; Elric isn't the problem, it's that damned sword of his. How about Kirk or Picard in Star Trek? Sherlock Holmes!? No, thank you; all are too competent (but can still be fooled)!
Titular IP characters are not who PCs play as--nor even often face in such games... How often is Cthulhu in a CoC scenario?
It's not like Buckaroo is immortal, especially burly, nor highly resistant to pain or capture.
But not to worry--we won't let him near your game table!! :p

I'm having trouble imagining adventures other than dealing with aliens from Planet X.
Hm. Perhaps you should get your imagination to exercise more? :unsure:

At least we know the imaginary holders of the Banzai IP shouldn't bother selling their non-existent game to you. At our table, we're ready to join the Blue Blaze Irregulars (who, presumably, would be the organs and skeleton of playing characters in the game)... They're like less competent, even less well-equipped--but far more sane and appropriately light-hearted--than Delta Green Agents.

Also, illusions, which Skeeve got a whole lot of use out of.

The magic system did drift a bit with time... The first book did a lot with ley lines, which were pretty much completely dropped thereafter. But yeah, Skeeve's magic pretty much boils down to telekinesis and wards. Some people seem to be able to do mental magics as well.

Oh yeah, along with Jack of Shadows and a bunch of other literary wizard-type characters. That one has been sitting in my TBR pile.

Aahz and Skeeve were statted up for the RoleAids module Wizards.

But not to worry--we won't let him near your game table!! :p

Hm. Perhaps you should get your imagination to exercise more? :unsure:

At least we know the imaginary holders of the Banzai IP shouldn't bother selling their non-existent game to you.
I seem to have offended you, that was not my intent. Your suggestion intrigued me enough to respond, and I was giving the first response that came to mind. I was planning to consider it more and post on it again.
Also, illusions, which Skeeve got a whole lot of use out of.
D'oh! Yes, of course.

Davies

Legend
Fascinating! Was this an rpg or more like a 'choose-your-own-adventure' type books?
While it was closer to the latter, it used D&D stats (with Wisdom doubling as Luck) with "roll under" for checks and had some basic combat rules. Not as "gamey" as the Middle Earth Adventure books (which used a slightly cut-down set of the MERP rules) but more than some of this style.

Remove ads