What Licensed RPG Do You Wish Existed But Doesn't?

Aldarc

Legend
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: licensed but then fell through the cracks amdist the Fandom shake-up so it doesn't exist

I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but lets be honest, the first to release an RPG based on it will likely have the best selling RPG of all time.
It definitely wont.

I don't say that out of spite, but there's an incredibly long history of ultra-popular IPs failing to really sell RPGs. The two most obvious ones are Marvel and Star Wars. RPGs based on them sell decently, but they don't sell astonishingly, no matter how high the sources are riding at the time.

I presume you're basing this on the Harry Potter videogame, but that's not how it works with TTRPGs. TTRPG players tend to be both more particular/pedantic/specific and more creative. Whatever system you chose for the HP TTRPG, you'd immediately lose half the audience or more. Doesn't matter which. Doesn't matter if it was custom. Then you're just going to lose more to other specificities. And eventually what you'll get is an RPG that sells well, but not stunningly. Doesn't help that there have been tons of "Wizarding school"-type or potential TTRPGs/settings, whereas with videogames no-one had done a big-budget one, they'd all been obscure indies.

Remove ads