• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What old modules would you like to see converted/reimagined??

Taed

First Post
Without a doubt, my # 1 would be S3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, wherein our intrepid adventurers come upon a crashed spaceship full of robots, genetic experiments, and futuristic technology. It's a great module because it inspires some role playing due to the technology thrust into the D&D medieval world. I have fond memories of playing it about 30 years ago at the age of 13 or so.

delericho

Legend
In general, the best candidates for reimagining would be those adventures that had a really strong concept, but which aren't actually classics. "Speaker in Dreams" would be an excellent choice, as the premise was sound but the execution was a little lacking.

"Bastion of Broken Souls" could be very interesting.

"Expedition to the Barrier Peaks"? :)

Although, in general, my preference would be not to see an endless sequence of rehashes and reimaginings. They should do new modules! If nothing else, that way they get to generate some new IP for their game.

Klaus

First Post
I'd like to see:

The Forge of Fury
Speaker in Dreams
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Howls In The Night
Feast of Goblyns
Night of the Walking Dead

The Little Raven

First Post
The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun. Preferably by Mike Mearls himself, since I know he loves this adventure as much or more than I do.
Desert of Desolation.
The Isle of Dread.
Ravenloft.
Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.

KidSnide

Adventurer
I'd love to see a Desert of Desolation conversion. Ravenloft, Feast of Goblyns and the Against the Slave Lords series would also be good candidates.

I'd also like to see Red Hand of Doom re-imagined for 4e, preferably with less dungeon at the end...

-KS

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
WPN/DCI/RPGA Stuff:

Here are the current conversions (the first 3 of these were DM rewards for DCI/RPGA DMs in the last three years, the last is the current D&D Encounters adventure):

Village of Hommlet
Tomb of Horrors
Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
Beyond the Crystal Cave

Wizards has produced faithful adaptations of module T1 The Village of Hommlet, S1 Tomb of Horrors, and module C1 The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan as DM Reward adventures. They're probably collector's items by now. The last D&D Encounters season of the year, written by Steve Townshend, is a wonderful adaptation of module UK1 Beyond the Crystal Cave, with a few clever twists added.

Next season of D&D Encounters will be titled The Elder Elemental Eye which will tie in with the Heroes of the Elemental Chaos book and the Dungeons & Dragons Fortune Cards: Spiral of Tharizdun. No idea how if it ties into Temple of Elemental Evil or is its own thing.

Dungeon Magazine:

Giant Series G1-G3 converted for 4e by Chris Perkins:
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Big Shoes To Fill)
There will be an additional dungeon involving the Stone Giants that bridges G1 and G2. He has no plans on converting the D series but is interested in doing I3 Pharaoh or module U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh.

Temple of Elemental Evil:
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Dungeon Magazine Sneak Peek)
Another project in the works is a prequel to Gygax’s The Temple of Elemental Evil. In this series of epic-tier adventures, the heroes fight the legendary Battle of Emredy Meadows, storm the temple at the height of its power, and try to slaughter or imprison the demonic forces lurking in the dungeon below. For the first time in the history of Dungeons & Dragons, heroes get to fight the forces of Elemental Evil head-on. We’re also planning to include options that allow characters from other worlds and timelines to be drawn into the conflict, giving DMs every reason to include this epic struggle in their home campaigns.
While this is not a "conversion" it is a prequel to the original T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil.

I would say sharpen your pitch skills and write up your favorite module for Dungeon.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Red Hand of Doom would be the first choice for me.

If we're not limiting it to TSR/WotC stuff, I'd go for some of the Paizo Adventure Paths as 4E adventure paths.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads