What Property That Has Never Had A TTRPG Adaptation Deserves one?

Question for the ENW group mind in this thread...

There are a couple of "portal fantasy" RPGs, Die RPG in particular comes to mind. With a reskin (published or homebrew), perhaps it could suffice for Narnia, Neverending Story, Quag Keep etc etc. Perhaps. Or perhaps a sufficiently popular system like 5e or Year Zero Engine could suffice. Or maybe each variation of portal fantasy needs its own specific system. I use portal fantasy as an example, but this would apply across several of the properties mentioned here. Like for

So do people want a setting/adventure in an existing system? Or do people want a bespoke game for a setting/property?

Don't forget the Konosuba TTRPG

Radaceus

Adventurer
Philip Jose Farmer's 'Dungeon' series

Jack Chalker's 'Wellworld' series ( or even his ' One Million Fausts')

Peirs Anthony 'Apprentice Adept' series (I believe a Xanth RPG was made, i know they made a Xanth Board game: but IMO, the Adept series is a better RPG source)

Fred Saberhagen's Books of Sword's

Road Warrior using an RPG revision of the 80s classic 'Car Wars'

Cordwainer Smith's 'Instrumentality of Mankind/Norstrillia'

agrayday

Explorer
  • Zelda
  • Narnia
  • Jonny Quest
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Resident Evil
  • Appleseed
  • League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
  • Chronicles of Prydain
  • Matrix
  • Final Fantasy (there is one being made in Japan, not sure if it will get an English release)
  • Harry Potter
  • The Atlas Six
  • The Mortal Instruments
Friday the 13th TV series has proven to be a good influence on our MOTW games. :)

Staffan

Legend
I would absolutely love to see both The Avengers and Sapphire and Steel as RPG settings. i suppose The Avengers could be done with a good Spy game with a swinging 60s supplement. Sapphire and Steel needs some good horror/timetravel/psionics rules.
Avengers/The Saint/The Persuaders-style investigation/espionage is, while not the default mode, definitely supported in the Troubleshooters.

reelo

Hero
  • Zelda
  • Narnia
  • Jonny Quest
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Resident Evil
  • Appleseed
  • League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
  • Chronicles of Prydain
  • Matrix
  • Final Fantasy (there is one being made in Japan, not sure if it will get an English release)
  • Harry Potter
  • The Atlas Six
  • The Mortal Instruments
Friday the 13th TV series has proven to be a good influence on our MOTW games. :)
For Zelda you might wanna try "Heroes of Cerulia" by Bläckfisk Publishing.

e28d11f612946464a9fd2ce469233471.jpg

Remove ads