D&D General What setting books have you used in your latest campaign.

aco175

Legend
I' running the Essentials Box Set modified with some filler things I'm homebrewing. I guess I'm using the 3 core books and the LMoP box set. I have a lot of modified monsters from before and I also use some online sites for background lore on FR that I try and work in.

Emerikol

Adventurer
I always run my own campaign worlds but I buy settings. I own way too many. So I'm informed. I do sandboxes too so I tend to use at least some published adventures which I reskin to align the flavor better with whatever I am doing at the time. I own all the 1e modules (or near enough), most of the basic set modules, and every dungeon crawl classic module through 51 I think.

Shiroiken

Legend
Greyhawk Folio, Greyhawk Boxed Set, and the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (limited). I work mostly with the boxed set, but occasionally steal ideas from the Gazetteer. The 2E stuff is mostly trash, as I refuse to acknowledge the Greyhawk Wars.

R_J_K75

Legend
And a boatload of books/articles from various editions referring to Graz'zt
Same. I dont worry too much about the adventuring area over much, I get a general idea and make up the blanks as I go. I do more more research on whatever creature/god/or entity is going to be the protagonist. Right now Im using orcs so I've been tracking down the various 5E versions as well as other editions such as the Scro and the Ondonti.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Mostly using the Arcana of the Ancients, and Under the Obelisk.

Will maybe be incorporating other books as well. Mostly for tidbits and perhaps monsters/dungeons.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I've jumped all into Frog God Game's Lost Lands setting. I pay for World Anvil and subscribe to the World Anvil "Lost Lands" world as it gives me a rich campaign world in a fully searchable and cross-hyperlinked format, witch an excellent, interactive world map. They are continually adding content to it, yet, at the same time, it is a huge world with plenty of room to make it your own. I also have the hard-cover books and PDFs.

I also have many of the adventure and regional setting books for Lost Lands the flesh out and provide campaign materials for various areas in the Lost Lands world, including: Rappan Athuk, Borderland Provinces, Northlands Saga, Razor Coast, Bards Gate, The Blight, Cats Cradle, City of Brass, Cyclopean Deeps, Grand Duchy of Reme, Lost City of Barakus, Tehautl, and many many adventures set in the Lost Lands.

But I customize with content from ENWorld articles, lore from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, Volos Guide, and MCCM's Strongholds and Followers.

Remove ads