D&D (2024) What Should 1D&D Resurrect? +

mellored

Legend
I liked attacking the saving throws of Fort, Will, and Reflex. As a player I like to roll the dice and not just say to make a save. As a DM, I like to just say that the monster has a 14 Fort and let the player roll so I can be thinking of something else.
Agreed.

As a DM, I have enough stuff to take care off. Let the players roll and do most of the math.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
If it takes into account weapon reach, that'd be fine. Sure, you can attack faster with a dagger, but there is still the problem of getting inside the reach of someone with a longer weapon.
As long as it’s harder to hit a rushing target, or there is some sort of opposed roll when trying to get into someone’s guard.

At which point…id say even odds on whether it’d be fun or tedious.

doctorbadwolf

The fourth class of each power source

Warlords, Shamans, Swordmages, and Avengers.

And bloodied.
I have been poking at some archetypes and I think that rewriting the Paladin and the monk could help with the swordmage and avenger, but I’m still in the basic concepts phase.

doctorbadwolf

Oh!

So besides what I’ve already listed and rewriting the monk to have a broader conceptual space and make room for the avenger and for a more arcane (esoteric but not spiritual) equivalent…

A guide to the Nentir Vale and its surroundings.

The 4e gods, especially the Raven Queen.

Primal Spirits.

Wilden, Vryloka, Hengeyokai.

Weird little mysterious and otherworldly beings like The Red Witch and The Lady of The White Well.

A less symmetrical cosmology.

Horwath

Legend
Paragon paths
Which are kind of like prestige sub-classes. Including some race ancestory specific ones.

I.e. Goliath get an extra 5' reach. Dragon born get their breath weapon once per turn. Dwarfs get bigger tremor sense.
This can all be worked with FEATS.
Just have more feat slots.

Raith5

Adventurer
Another vote for bloodied. I think it could be used to make some classes a bit more interesting, ie a bloodied barbarian getting some further bonus to damage or a rogue further movement, and of course making monsters more unpredictable. The sudden reactions of bloodied monsters in 4e is still one of the wow moments playing the various editions of D&D I have played, and just made fights more dynamic and fun.

Branduil

Hero
I liked attacking the saving throws of Fort, Will, and Reflex. As a player I like to roll the dice and not just say to make a save. As a DM, I like to just say that the monster has a 14 Fort and let the player roll so I can be thinking of something else.
I don't know about bringing back attacking saving throws, but I would definitely favor bringing back Fort/Ref/Will for a variety of balance reasons.

Remove ads