D&D (2024) What Should 1D&D Resurrect? +

Parmandur

Book-Friend
given that subclass levels seem to be getting unified, i could see any-class subclasses being used to replicate prestige classes.

anyway, other then what other people have said, actual crafting rules and feats/ASIs being separate.
I could see Subclasses keyed to Class Groups rather than Class, which would allow for more of a hook to design a cross-class design: say a kind of magic user that can apply to Wizard, Sorcerer or Warlock and what theybshare is common.
Maybe they are going to introduce something like Starfinder's archetypes that allow you to swap out class features at designated levels.
Or the Pathfinder 2E versions, yes.

Less resurrection than evolution (of something that's dead), but fully mechanics free setting books. Get some people to go through the 2E stuff until they get why it is that older fans keep saying they miss that edition's settings, and make a definitive "this is this setting" collection that is 100% edition neutral fluff. Maybe have an open discussion with the community about it to see what fans want in said collection with "readtests" to make sure we don't get any nasty surprises like with the 4E Realms or 5E Spelljammer. Then they can use that as a reference for other products like adventures.

I get that settings material tends to sell less than mechanics sourcebooks, but without the fluff, the settings are pretty much going to die as newer generations of players have nothing of substance to grab onto. So do it once, do it right, and then you can keep using it as long as you want, no matter the edition used.

I get that settings material tends to sell less than mechanics sourcebooks, but without the fluff, the settings are pretty much going to die as newer generations of players have nothing of substance to grab onto. So do it once, do it right, and then you can keep using it as long as you want, no matter the edition used.
I dunno, isn’t Harn mostly setting stuff, with rules in a separate line? Seems to me that there’s potential money in it.

Anyway, I would buy. Love reading imaginative worlds.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
So I am a nobody.

Like a true nobody. Minimal social media presence, most people in gaming have no clue that anything I've written even exists.

My Psionics Kickstarter hit $15,000 with 3 days left to go (two and a half at this point)

People -want- Psionics. To the degree they're giving me, some rando on the internet, $15,000 to give it to them.

Imagine how much money Wizards could make if they just -tried- to do something.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
  • Touchac, flatfooted AC. AS a GM it's important that bob can't make themself immune to attacks & by having them I can use them when appropriate instead of pulling teeth to get AC without armor or AC while denied dex bonus (ie sleeping/tied up/etc).
  • Fort/reflex/will saves instead of this pointless & barely used 6 saves.
  • Good save/poor save/bad save on PCs & monsters instead of great save/poor but useless save/useless save/useless save/useless save on PCs & similar on monsters instead of no saves+magic resist.
  • Variable pointbuy options instead of elite array & better than elite array pointbuy.
  • return of 3.x/4e DMG DM's best friend
  • death at zero/negative ten

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases