What Systems Have You Had Long Term Campaigns With?

6 months or more? In order, I've run:

3 * B/X and RC
1 * Classic Traveler
5 * AD&D
2 * 3.x
3 * Dogs in the Vineyard
1 * Mouseguard
3 * 4e
2 * Apocalypse World
1 * MHRPG
3 * Dungeon World (including Darkest Dungeon Hack)
1 * Torchbearer
1 * 13th Age
1 * Cubicle 7 The One Ring
1 * Beyond the Wall
1 * Strike! (Star Wars)
2 * Blades in the Dark

MGibster

Legend
Over the last few years I've had a lot of luck with a stable group of people I can count on to meet every Sunday. Including my current group as well as past groups there are several games I've either run or played it that were long term campaigns.

• Savage Worlds: Rifts, Deadlands, Hell on Earth, Pirates of the Spanish Main, and my own homebrew Sword & Sandals in Space campaign.
  • Deadlands(the original)
  • Hell on Earth(the original)
  • AD&D 2E: Ravenloft, Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, etc., etc.
  • D&D 3E: Ravenloft, Forgotten Realms
  • D&D 5E Ravenloft, Home Brew
  • Palladium Games: Rifts, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness, Heroes Unlimited
  • Legend of the Five Rings --various editions
  • Star Wars: WEG version
  • Star Wars: Fantasy Flight version
  • Malifaux -- whatever their table top is called.
  • Trail of Cthulhu
  • Esoterrorist

I'm sure that's not a comprehensive list but it's what I can think of off the top of my head while I'm waiting for dinner. There have been plenty of other campaigns that ended prematurely.

As eclectic as my personal RPG tastes are, I think the only games I've actually been involved in that went over 1 year have been D&D 3e and 5e. This is despite the fact that I don't consider a campaign to qualify as anything more than "mini" until it's close to a year, and it doesn't achieve long-term for at least 5 or 6 years.

My current 5e game has been running (with a couple of multi-month breaks) since the end of 2015, but I only consider it long-term because it is intended to last significantly longer than 10 years.

steenan

Adventurer
D&D 3e, Nobilis 3e, Mistborn Adventure Game, Blood&Smoke (aka Vampire the Requiem 2e), Mage the Awakening 2e, Fate (several campaigns in different settings)

And a handful homebrew games.

Remove ads