D&D (2024) What variant rules do you want to see?

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
Properties for weapons and armour crafted out of alternative materials

Alternative spell slot progressions
-half casters that gain spell levels at the same rate as full casters
-full casters with reduced number of slots more appropriate to fit a 24hour adventuring day

Horwath

Legend
Alternative spell slot progressions
-half casters that gain spell levels at the same rate as full casters

Faster halfcaster.jpg

something like this?

There are a lot of modules that tack onto the system from homebrew sources but it would be cool to see WotC have a book full of their takes. These aren't really variant rules, per se, but I'd like to see:

• Stronghold and base building with systems that give tangible adventuring buffs.
  • Cooking with monster parts and rare ingredients to make dishes with concrete benefits.
  • Full alchemy systems for creating consumables as an alternative for potions and scrolls.
  • Vehicle rules for overland travel in different levels and types of terrain.

Remathilis

Legend
Cooking with monster parts and rare ingredients to make dishes with concrete benefits.

This has always made me feel icky, since most D&D monsters are sentient. There are already moral concerns about eating meat (a debate I don't feel is appropriate here, sufficient to say I can see both sides of the argument) but when your meal is capable of speech, abstract thought and complex moral behavior, I feel it crosses into something closer to cannibalism. And while it may be interesting to debate if eating a dragon is any different than eating an elf, I can absolutely see WotC NOT wanting to dip their toes into it. No need to cause unforced errors.

Remove ads