D&D (2024) What We Need to See for the 50th Anniversary GOLD BABY!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
We are getting close to the 50th Anniversary of Dungeons AMPERSAND Dragons. So with that in mind, I have begun reflecting (even more than usual) on what I want we need to see in 2024.

Now, let's start with a basic concept- this should be both a celebration of the past, and the future! I time to reflect on how far we've come, and how much gaming there is left in the future! With that in mind, here are the things I think we absolutely need to see.

1. The "New Edition."

Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Yeah-yeah-yeah
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Woah-oh
On a perfect day
I know that I can game with you
When that's not possible
Tell me, can you weather a storm?
'Cause I need somebody who will play D&D
Through the good times and bad times
5e will always, always be right there

That's right. Whether it's a tweaking of the evergreen edition, or "5.5e," we need to see a revamped core set. 10 years into 5e, and 50 years into D&D, and it's coming. Can you stand the rain?

2. The Old Editions.

Hear me now and believe me later- all y'all fans of older editions with money to burn? It's time to stop burning that money and give it to Hasbro. Besides, burning stuff is bad for the environment. To celebrate 50 years, we need to have the powers that be release the Core Rulebooks of:
OD&D
B/X
AD&D
3e
4e

That's right- you can get your special deluxe versions of those past editions (perhaps with a little additional historical material) so you can put them on your bookshelf and have people over and talk about how everything was better when you played a first level magic user with a dagger that got one spell a day and had two hit points and you LOVED IT! Until the kobold killed you in the first room.

And I know what you're saying .... "Snarf, that's great and everything. But I have so much money that I both have a cocaine addiction AND I like to indulge in Warhammer 40k Miniatures! How can I give Hasbro even more money?"

Well, they should release the ultra-deluxe "All Editions, All Core Rule Books" version. You know you want it now. They'll even throw in some variant covers that you can pay more for!

3. Greyhawk.

That's right. All together now ....
#GREYHAWKCONFIRMED!

You knew it was coming ... it's just amazing I had the self-discipline to wait until number 3. It's time to put out the OG (Original Greyhawk) of Campaign settings.

4. Tales from the Yawning Portal 2.

Another collection of older adventures, updated to 5e.

5. And the Prestige!

Finally, something forward looking. A brand new setting - something that isn't from the older era, or from M:TG .... but brand new and designed from the ground up to showcase all the awesome new things in this edition of D&D. And an AP designed to be run in the new setting.

Now that I've said this, you know you want it. You know you want ... all of it.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
1) It's confirmed
2) They already did that with the premium reprints (except for Basic). If we're dream... I mean, forecasting, I'd like to have previous editions opened on DM's Guild
3) Yes!
4) Why not? Sounds nice.
5) I'd be interested in that.

We are getting close to the 50th Anniversary of Dungeons AMPERSAND Dragons. So with that in mind, I have begun reflecting (even more than usual) on what I want we need to see in 2024.

It is August of 2022. I'm not even confident that global societies will not collapse before 2024. That said, in the ensuing post apocalyptic hell scape, I will barter a can of black beans and 1/4 cup of fresh water for a reprint of OD&D.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
It is August of 2022. I'm not even confident that global societies will not collapse before 2024. That said, in the ensuing post apocalyptic hell scape, I will barter a can of black beans and 1/4 cup of fresh water for a reprint of OD&D.

I hear ya! I don't even start new shows.

Heck, I don't even buy green bananas anymore.

Remove ads