• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What were they thinking thread!

ThirdWizard

First Post
mythusmage said:
If you tell us the skeletons are in any way thankful for their situation, I shall find a way to hurt you.

I hope they arn't. I so hope... but I'm not asking. No... some things we just weren't meant to know.

Also, I'm banned from making towns ending in -ville and -burg after a long stay in Chasville followed by a very short stay in Chasburg. Chas being my name. This was in a Ravenloft game. Have I mentioned I'm bad with names on the fly? Now I have lists I draw from when not expecting it. Helps with the deer in the headlights look as well.

DerianCypher

First Post
Awhile ago I once played in a game with a first time who DM who warped and manipulated the rules so badly they were inconceivable. Rules changed on a sessionly basis, and he introducted a "class change" system where at certain levels you got to choose between 2 classes (not know ANYTHING about either, except the name) and got bonuses that were downright godly. We got orbs of dragonkind (minus the whole bad bits about dragons hating you) at about level 8. by level 17ish (about 5-6 sessions later mind you) one... ONE.. player in our group was able to kill the tarrasque in one round... a SUPRISE!!! round mind you.

needless to say, this person never DMed again.

DC

Brakkart

First Post
EricNoah said:
I recently played an R2 astromech droid with a rocket launcher. My companions and I spent much of one session battling Gungan Sith Lords. "Meesa find your lack of faith disturbing!" But you know, in this case the GM was giving us exactly what we had asked for, so I can't blame him for the weirdness!

You asked for a game where you could go around fighting Gungan Sith Lords?? That's weirder than the game itself!

delericho

Legend
Ampolitor said:
About 30 feet in, I meet my first sinister encounter, around the corner comes this 4' hamster wearing clothes, YES I said wearing clothes and that began to talk to me to convince me to take a mission for it, to go kill some evil were rats...

I don't know, that doesn't sound too bad to me. We're talking about a game that regularly features anthropomorphic creatures. We've got various cat-people, dog-people, rat-people, lizard-people, why not a hamster-person?

Yes, it might sound a bit silly, but then, Luke Skywalker was taught the powers of the Jedi by a puppet.

Tinner

First Post
Back when Planescape first came out, I played with a DM who was a little new to things.
He had us make sixth level PC's, then immediately sent us to "Dwarf Heaven" where we stole some uber-axe from the Dwaven Gods. We were then comanded to use that weapon to murder all the dwarf gods - and we succeeded!
We also used this axe to chop down the central mountain range that housed the dwarf gods.
Things were going "well" until the barbarian weiling the axe fumbled. He drop the axe, and it cut the world in two.
We were of course saved by a friendly group of Mercane, who just happened to be passing by in their Nautiloid Spelljammer.
Mind you, this all happened in the first four hour game session, after making up PC's!
There was no second session.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
delericho said:
I don't know, that doesn't sound too bad to me. We're talking about a game that regularly features anthropomorphic creatures. We've got various cat-people, dog-people, rat-people, lizard-people, why not a hamster-person?
The Kwall in EN Critters Volume 4 - Along the Banks of the River Vaal are an example of furfolk in clothes.

BlackMoria

First Post
I has a DM once who made everyone (refusing was not a option) draw from a deck of many things when they created their character. And the deck would reappear everytime we leveled up and we were forced to draw again.

Fortunately, that campaign imploded after a few levels and the DM was sacked and replaced.

Remove ads