• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What were they thinking thread!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
EricNoah said:
I recently played an R2 astromech droid with a rocket launcher. My companions and I spent much of one session battling Gungan Sith Lords. "Meesa find your lack of faith disturbing!" But you know, in this case the GM was giving us exactly what we had asked for, so I can't blame him for the weirdness!

Y'know, if it's part of your expectations, a touch of whimsy is a good thing. I think gungan sith lords would be kind of cool, in a bizarre kind of way. I know someone who played in a humor D&D campaign called the Quest for the Crunchberries. It's all in the expectations.

iwatt

First Post
I once played in this game in whicha we had to infiltrate the ancient elven forest. As we sneaked in we were attacked by the forest guardians: Giant animated hammers. Fortunately my wizard had fabricate as a spell and created a bunch of nails, which we threw at the hammers. They were easily distracted.

I still play in his games, but boy can they be weird sometimes... :D

der_kluge

Adventurer
BlackMoria said:
I has a DM once who made everyone (refusing was not a option) draw from a deck of many things when they created their character. And the deck would reappear everytime we leveled up and we were forced to draw again.

Fortunately, that campaign imploded after a few levels and the DM was sacked and replaced.

Gee, I can't imagine why! That is insane.

Macbeth

First Post
In my younger days, I had the infamous Corporal Chitters, an intelligent squirrel Barbarian (maybe 6th level or so) that commanded a bunch of goblins. That's right, an intelligent squirrel barbarian. One of the PCs knocked him out, stuffed him in a sack, and procceded to basically torture him for the rest of the campaign. Beyond that, it was a fairly serious game, but Corporal Chitters stayed around and alive for the better part of it (until an unfortunate incident with a very small Iron Maiden).

During his captivity, his favorite phrase to yelkl at the PCs whenever they taunted him again was 'Nuts to you.'

James Heard

Explorer
I once let an ex-gf run a game where she proceeded to attack us with orc with um, largely plastic devices meant to be attached around the waist and used in sexual contacts where one partner is missing the requisite genetics. It was like a normal D&D game, and then the orcs stopped everything and started sexually abusing downed party members. I'd chalk it up to youth, but she was in her mid-20s, married, and had children. What was worse is when she didn't understand why it bothered me, or why I walked out along with everyone but her husband. I mean...no. No means no.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Tinner said:
Back when Planescape first came out, I played with a DM who was a little new to things.
He had us make sixth level PC's, then immediately sent us to "Dwarf Heaven" where we stole some uber-axe from the Dwaven Gods. We were then comanded to use that weapon to murder all the dwarf gods - and we succeeded!
We also used this axe to chop down the central mountain range that housed the dwarf gods.
Things were going "well" until the barbarian weiling the axe fumbled. He drop the axe, and it cut the world in two.
We were of course saved by a friendly group of Mercane, who just happened to be passing by in their Nautiloid Spelljammer.
Mind you, this all happened in the first four hour game session, after making up PC's!
There was no second session.
That is one of the coolest things I have ever heard. Man, I wish I got to play in games like that!!

iwatt

First Post
James Heard said:
It was like a normal D&D game, and then the orcs stopped everything and started sexually abusing downed party members.

:confused:

that is freaky...

Maybe it was justa a convoluted attempt at a coup de grace? ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads