• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to see dropped from Dungeon?

What would you like to see dropped from Dungeon?

diaglo

Adventurer
Erik Mona said:
Might as well put "Erik Mona" as one of the options on the poll.

On weeks like this one, I know I'd certainly vote for that option.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
God-Tyrant of Dungeon

can i be your campaign manager for this position.

diaglo "you've got my vote." Ooi

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Erik Mona said:
Downer leaves when I do.

It's that simple.

Might as well put "Erik Mona" as one of the options on the poll.

On weeks like this one, I know I'd certainly vote for that option.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
God-Tyrant of Dungeon

Eric you have a great magazine. I think you have done an excellent job. Now before anyone starts brown nosing comments. That is my true feeling.

I would like to see Downer go also but I wish Wil Save and Mt Zogon to stay.

Being the editor of a magazine these days requires a Parmanent Barkskin Spell. espeacially with message boards and blogs.

I don't think anyone is calling for your head just yet. I would like to see an editor stay for more than a few issues.

Oh and don't listen to Diaglo he's just bitter that you have no OD&D content

Last edited:

Von Ether

Legend
Don't ask me, I am evidently in the wrong minority.

It doesn't seem anyone has noticed that I buy maybe only two Dungeons a year now that the Polyhedron has been dropped. During the Poly run, I was buying almost every issue.

Then again, I was also one of the few fellows that was shouted down on a couple of message boards for suggesting the hersey that d20 Modern should have more psionics than magic before the game came out.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Well I voted for Downer but I can always just skip it. (It's what I do now)
I already get more for my money out of the magazine with or without it.

BTW, Erik I think you are doing great. Hang in there.

diaglo

Adventurer
Aeson said:
Oh and don't listen to Diaglo he's just bitter that you have no OD&D content

:D

erik and i go way back...

check out his comments about sending me my magazine late on other threads. :D

Ariddrake

First Post
I am also interested in why such a hardline from Erik on Downer. By the way I do think you are doing a great job and care about the Magazine.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I like Downer. When I was a kid, one of my favorite things about Dragon was Wormy. Downer is our attempt to create something similar. It's not perfect, but I really like the art and I really like the approach.

Some day, Dungeon will have an editor-in-chief who doesn't like it as much and it will be just a memory. But that day isn't today, and that day won't be any day while my name is still at the top of the masthead.

I'm taking a hard line on Downer because I like Downer. My job is to publish material that I like, and that I feel brings something to the magazine. I'm aware that a lot of people don't like it, but a lot of people don't seem to like Mt. Zogon, either, and it's one of my favorite parts of the magazine.

Whatever. One day, one of you might be editing these magazines, and the decision will by yours.

Right now, it's mine.

Downer stays.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dragon & Dungeon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads