• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whats going on in your game?

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
We havn't had one of these in a while -
Spill your plots, battles, triumphs and tragedies.....

Tonight, while trying to close a gate to Maladomini (7th layer of Hell, see sig.)
the 8th level PCs mowed through 44 Lemures, 8 Spigons, 1 Neuzgon & Nightmayer, 1 pain devil
and the general - a barbed Devil
1 dead PC, two in single digit hp, one barely wounded
3 surviving devils, including 1 lemure, one of the few of its kind to actually inflict damage - it is so getting promoted.

I have always wanted to throw a fiendish horde at a party. Tonight I got the chance.

cimbrog

Explorer
Tonight, the PCs stopped at a roadside tavern on their way to the city of Darokin with their caravan. The locals were gathered around a pile of ashes, a traveling merchant who got disintigrated by a wandering Alphatian wizard (Alphatia is currenty at war with the PC's homeland). They tracked the wizard down and found he was a bronze dragon hired by a rival senator from back home trying to draw Darokin into the war. They wanted him to stop, he dared them to make him...

And then they bought him out to further their own agenda back home as a double agent. This is the third session where all the combat has been avoided by negotiatoin. The fighters really freaking hate Darokin...

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Next week:

Nightfall finishes Seeds of Sehan and tries to keep the campaign going by doing "Expedition to the Demonweb Pits."

Hey it's not like this will last.. ;)

ThirdWizard

First Post
The PCs just found their way out of being trapped in an archmage's nightmare in a demiplane, only to discover his long dead corpse. However, after being greeted by them as rescuers, they discovered his consciousness had moved into his magic staff, and he has now joined them.

Next they are going to explore the linked temple on the positive plane, ruled by a being called the "Life Giver" then the temple on Arcadia ruled over by the Harmonium. After that, they plan to go to the The Iron Wastes, the 23rd layer of the Abyss, where they will try and convince an oarsman to take them to Ocanthus, the fourth layer of Acheron, where they were told by an Earth Weird they would find the power to complete their quest and keep the multiverse from falling under control of an Old God.

Eberron
CREATION SCHEMA

We began with the intro adventure in the campaign book. I expanded on the components that made up the Schema and greatly expanded on its function.

In the nearly 3 years we have been playing we have irritated:

Emerald Claw
Two (of three) groups of House Cannith
The government of Breland and Mror Holds
The Cannith Lich (lives in the mournlands)
The Chamber
All dragons in general
Lord of Blades
Xulo-12 (A cannith attempt to recreate a duplicate Creation Schema)

We have fought everything from shifter and goblin thugs to Emerald Claw clerics to government spies to Aurum agents to fiends to Xoriat agents to double and triple crossing thieves to giants to dragons to powerful undead.

We are currently 15-16th level.

We are we now....

We are in Xen 'drik searching for Garrow. We have a mutual hatred for each other and each wants the other dead. We along with two factions of Cannith, Xulo-12, LoB and a rich and powerful Aurum member are tracking down the home of the Creation Schema. Everyone believes it is to create Creation Forges used to make the Warforged but in truth it is much more than that.

Xulo-12 was an attempt by House Cannith to create a version of Xulo (the creation Schema) that was controllable but failed miserably. This secret base was off world on another plane. Cannith abondoned the base in hopes Xulo-12 would self destruct. It didn't. It is stronger and more powerful and seeks to see its "brother"- the original Creation Schema.

The group found itself without transportation so they are trying to steal rides where ever they can and catch up with everyone. They are following Kim Elderich's HUGE airship but do not know it has been taken over by Xoriat followers. The ship (and others since everyone believes Elderich is the only one that knows where the Creation Schema's home is) are instead going to Tark' Dunan.

Tark' Dunan is the giants place of study of the planes. It is a massive floating city high in the mountains of Xen'drik. The fours planes of the elementals are used to empower it. So fire, air, water and earth spill from sections of it 24/7.

1000's of years ago Xoriat escaped from here and used this place as its command center. The giants eventually recaptured it with the help of dragons and closed every gate there.
Then the giants and their lands were sundered. That was something like 10,000 years ago.

Now we have a floating city with OPEN portals to all planes. This place is SUPER dangerous and of course everyone will be there shortly.

We're going Epic here.

moritheil

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
I have always wanted to throw a fiendish horde at a party. Tonight I got the chance.

My party is a fiendish horde. Right now they're busy getting revenge on a kobold mercenary tribe, while their layer of the abyss is being sacked by unknown enemies. :p

Doctor DM

First Post
Next week the party is about to enter the final dungeon of Slaughtergarde: the Armory. Allthough I still don't know if they plan to destroy the gate to the Abyss or to secure it.

PeterGirvan

First Post
Weekly FR game, jumping around geographically and episodically--we began with the The Rat Lord's Lair from D&D for Dummies, progressed to Mad God's Key from Dungeon magazine (which became Halaster Blackcloak's key and was set in Waterdeep) and are currently 2/3rds of the way through The Twilight Tomb---an adventure that my group loves because of its exotic locale.

When Twilight Tomb wraps up tomorrow night, we'll be starting Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave next week (which I'm totally juiced to run because of the epic scope of the trilogy).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads