What's Neat in Texas?

Nyaricus

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
I had no clue you were spending so much time in the Houston area! You drove right by my house to go from Sugar Land to Katy! And, I spend a lot of time in Sugar Land! If you were there on a Wednesday, you could've joined my game. ;)

And, I go to that HPB a lot, too. What's DLCS?
BWAHAHA! C'est la vie man :cool:

In any case, I also had no idea I was spending so much time in the Houston area myself, otherwise it would've been a blast to play D&D with another ENnie :D We came up through there on a Sunday, however.

Next time I'm in town though... ;)

DLCS = DragonLance Campaign Setting. Got it for 12.98 USD, which is a steal at maybe 15 bucks Cdn.

cheers,
--N

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Nyaricus said:
BWAHAHA! C'est la vie man :cool:

In any case, I also had no idea I was spending so much time in the Houston area myself, otherwise it would've been a blast to play D&D with another ENnie :D We came up through there on a Sunday, however.

Next time I'm in town though... ;)
Did you have gelato by the Half-Price Books? I don't know how common gelato is in Winnipeg, but it's just starting to catch on here.

Next time, though. I'm actually a pretty good tour guide, too, since I know about a number of different parts of Houston. Then again, it also depends on your appetite, because since Houston is so culturally diverse (Sugar Land, not so much), food is a main attraction. :D
Nyaricus said:
DLCS = DragonLance Campaign Setting. Got it for 12.98 USD, which is a steal at maybe 15 bucks Cdn.
Oooh. "Stopped in at a Half-Priced Books and DLCS for 13 bucks!" I guess you missed a "got" somewhere in there. ;) I was reading too quickly, probably.

bento

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
I think the only Six Flags in Texas are in San Antonio and El Paso. The Houston one (it was in Houston) closed down like a year or two ago.

San Antonio and Arlington (halfway between D and FW) to be exact. So Arlington is host to Six Flags, the Texas Rangers and in a couple years the Dallas Cowboys.

bento

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
Oooh. "Stopped in at a Half-Priced Books and DLCS for 13 bucks!" I guess you missed a "got" somewhere in there. ;) I was reading too quickly, probably.

I picked up Sandstorm (D&D Envrionments) for $14 last week at the main Dallas store and they had multiple copies all new-looking. They must have done another closeout buy so if you don't have it your local store may have a few in stock.

Nyaricus

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
Did you have gelato by the Half-Price Books? I don't know how common gelato is in Winnipeg, but it's just starting to catch on here.
Nope, I didn't even see a gelato shop. However, we have a large Italian population in Winnipeg, and Corydon Avenue is an Italian mecca and patio hotspot with great gelato - so I'm quite familiar with that delectable treat :D

Jdvn1 said:
Next time, though. I'm actually a pretty good tour guide, too, since I know about a number of different parts of Houston. Then again, it also depends on your appetite, because since Houston is so culturally diverse (Sugar Land, not so much), food is a main attraction. :D
Sounds good man - next time I'm around we'll talk beforehand for sure :). I didn't find any great Tex-Mex foods in our travels :)( ), which was unfortunate. The best was in San Antonio at the Mexican Market. Had an awesome variety plate there :D

Jdvn1 said:
lol. It's alright.

cheers,
--N

Davek

First Post
Is anything interesting 'Gaming wise' happening in SA during the first week in June? I'll be down for a training course then and would not mind meeting some other gamers.

Jeremy757

First Post
bento said:
San Antonio and Arlington (halfway between D and FW) to be exact. So Arlington is host to Six Flags, the Texas Rangers and in a couple years the Dallas Cowboys.

BTW, Six Flags Over Texas, in Arlington, is the original Six Flags theme park. The name Six Flags comes from the six nations that have at one time or another occupied the state during its history. These countries being Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States of America and the Confederate States of America

Jeremy757

First Post
Davek said:
I saw alot of them on convenience stores, gas bars and restarants. Maybe it was just the neighbourhood I was in.

You will see them anywhere alcohol is served. It is illegal for a person with a conceal and carry license to take their firearm onto a premises that sells or serves alcohol.

Mitchbones

First Post
Aww man, if you were in corpus you would only be 30min away from me :( I would have recommended you check out Port Aranasas if I knew you were that close. What were your opinons of Corpus?

San antonio and Austin are my two favorite citys, even though I havent' been very much I always feel really comfortable when I'm there.

Remove ads