• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the best D&D product EVAR?

MEG Hal

First Post
For Gaming: Basic set and "The Keep" module.

As for all time, prolly 3.0 PHB because I was out of gaming for a while it brought me back so strong I now work in the industry.

I do have a *thing* for dice tho...

alleynbard

First Post
Red Box Set. At age 8 I must of played through that solo adventure a hundred times.

Greyhawk box set. The Darlene maps intrigued me. I wanted to know more about that world, it just filled me with excitement.

Nightchilde-2

First Post
Planar Handbook.

No. Wait. I'm joking. Why are you looking at me like that?

Seriously, core rulebooks not included, it's a tie between Draconomicon and Eberron Campaign Setting with an honorable mention for Planescape.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Queen of the spiders - the I owned the gaint series but the reprint added depth and poltical intrigue The houses of drow, the merchant caravans and the lists of powerful nobles presented as antagonists.

the 3.0 phb has got to rank up there, I can rember shouting at my friends - they fixed JUMP ! - the session ealier a PC had died when making a 3 ft running long jump.

MMII 1st ed. Making the hells and Abyss somewhere I wanted to go.
mondrones - nuff said

edbonny

Explorer
Without a doubt, the Dragon Crown Dark Sun mega-adventure by Rich Baker. I was running a highly charged Dark Sun campaign and the epic stakes in the game just kept getting greater and greater as the party progressed from the activation of the Psionatrix to the unexpected murder of the avangion Korgunard to the revelation of a secret order of super-psionicists and the subsequent battle with said order held at their ancient pentagon-shaped HQ. It was a most memorable gaming experience for all involved. Been a while since anything has grabbed all of us that way! **sigh**

- Ed

rogueattorney

Adventurer
I'll throw another vote in for the '81 Basic boxed set w/ Keep on the Bordlerands. For me, more hours of fun in this little box than probably all other game products combined. Coupled with the '81 Expert boxed set w/ Isle of Dread, it's really all the D&D materials I truly ever need (don't tell my wife, she'll want to junk the whole lot...).

Runners up:
1e DMG & Rules Cyclopedia - it doesn't matter which version of the game I'm playing/DM'ing, I always have these on hand just in case.

GAZ10 Orcs of Thar & PC4 Night Howlers - the best monsters as PC's books of all time.

R.A.

Last edited:

rogueattorney said:
I'll throw another vote in for the '81 Basic boxed set w/ Keep on the Bordlerands. For me, more hours of fun in this little box than probably all other game products combined. Coupled with the '81 Expert boxed set w/ Isle of Dread, it's really all the D&D materials I truly ever need (don't tell my wife, she'll want to junk the whole lot...).
Add me to the votes for the '81 Moldvey Basic Set & Expert Set.

Runners up:
Against the Giants and Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads