What's the most expensive RPG product you've bought?

What's the most expensive RPG product you've bought?

• $1-$20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $21-$50

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • $101-$200

Votes: 47 37.0%
  • $201-$500

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • $501-$1000

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • $1001-$5000

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • $5001+

Votes: 2 1.6%

R_J_K75

Legend
I know Ive spent quite a bit on some out of print boxed sets, books and minis over the years but nothing over $100 USD that I can recall. As far as I can remember brand new single product was the original Ptolus in 2006.

Beadle and Grimm's Silver edition of Ghosts of Saltmarsh would be the most I've ever spent on a single product. Runner-up would be the deluxe re-release of OD&D Wizards put out a few years ago.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I imagine with COVID lockdowns, we are seeing a lot more $100+ purchases from people who are buying the book packages on platforms like roll20 or D&Dbeyond.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Don't remember the exact price, but want to say $75 for the 1st printing of Deities and Demigods several years ago.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I backed the Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperboria 2e game at the PDF level (which was $15 IIRC), then after it was done realized just how foolish that was and spent another $100+ on a hardcopy of the book.

I spent $169 or so on the Altar Quest boardgame, which I feel counts mostly because I'm trying to fill my HeroQuest Jones with it.

But I feel I'm small potatoes in this crowd :)

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
If I set aside Miniature purchases (damn you Forgeworld!) then the most expensive single RPG book I've ever purchased would be the pre-release copy of Swords of the Serpentine I bought a couple of weeks ago. The book itself is reasonable for a hardback, but after shipping to the godforsaken place I live it was like $90 CDN. A small price to pay though, for what is currently my favorite game.

Remove ads