What's the most expensive RPG product you've bought?

What's the most expensive RPG product you've bought?

• $1-$20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $21-$50

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • $101-$200

Votes: 47 37.0%
  • $201-$500

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • $501-$1000

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • $1001-$5000

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • $5001+

Votes: 2 1.6%

GreyLord

Legend
I've done Warhammer, but I count that as miniature wargaming, not RPGs. Do not count D&D minis either.

For a single product, I think it would probably be one of the FFG's collector's editions of their WH40K line. I can't recall the exact costs, but they went up as time went on as new ones came out (Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade) but I can't recall the exact price. Part of me wants to say $200, another part wants to say $400.

I think around 60 is the most I've spent. Are we including shipping costs in this or is it just the cover cost?

I wouldn't spend more than 70 I think for a single RPG book. Unless it was truly special (like they put out the original Ravenloft boxed set and due to printing costs the only way to make it profitable was to charge 80 dollars or more). Also, I am not the only person in my household so I have to answer to my wife as well if I make a purchase like that (neither of us like when the other spends extravagantly on something unnecessary).

Beadle & Grimm's Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Platinum Edition. Over $500. Cool stuff, but not nearly worth the price. I'm very unlikely to buy anything near that price again.

Staffan

Legend
Probably the Aysle Treasure Coffer for $210 including shipping. But that feels like cheating a bit since it's a box with numerous things in it that are otherwise sold separately.

It depends if you're only counting single items, or multiple-item Kickstarters. For example, I backed the Feng Shui 2, Paranoia and Horror on the Orient Express Kickstarters. All of those cost over $200, but it got you several rulebooks and other additional items, not just a single rulebook.

Outside of Kickstarters for miniatures (technically an RPG product since I use the minis in my games), my biggest RPG product Kickstarters would be over $300 for the Tact-Tiles Kickstarter (I got 2 jumbo sets).

A full case of minis of season 7 and I still had to buy on the secondary market to get all the minis. I think that was $400. Books are over $50 here with tax.

It's probably for the best if I don't think too hard on how much I've spent on pre-painted D&D minis. I've got well over a thousand of the pre-painted minis from the D&D line that ended in 2010.

Thankfully they still get used every session (and my youngest has a ball playing with as well), so I'm not unhappy with my purchase. It's also awesome being able to properly represent most of the monsters that the PCs come up against.

Remove ads